6.6 candidate

J. Garrett Morris
Hello,

I successfully downloaded and installed ghc-6.5.20060901 on Windows XP
(SP2 etc.).  However, when attempting to build fps-0.8, I received a
large number of errors stemming from gcc being unable to find Stg.h or
HsBase.h.  As far as I could tell using -v, gcc is still being passed
the old path to the include files (ghc-dir\include, perhaps) whereas
said files were actually located in
ghc-dir\lib\i386-unknown-mingw32\include.  Moving the files from the
new location to the old solved the compilation problem.

Was this a problem in the distributed build, or did I do something
wrong when I was installing it?

Thanks.

 /g

--
It is myself I have never met, whose face is pasted on the underside of my mind.

Re: 6.6 candidate

Donald Bruce Stewart
trevion:

> Hello,
>
> I successfully downloaded and installed ghc-6.5.20060901 on Windows XP
> (SP2 etc.).  However, when attempting to build fps-0.8, I received a
> large number of errors stemming from gcc being unable to find Stg.h or
> HsBase.h.  As far as I could tell using -v, gcc is still being passed
> the old path to the include files (ghc-dir\include, perhaps) whereas
> said files were actually located in
> ghc-dir\lib\i386-unknown-mingw32\include.  Moving the files from the
> new location to the old solved the compilation problem.
>
> Was this a problem in the distributed build, or did I do something
> wrong when I was installing it?

Note that you shouldn't have to build fps 0.8 with ghc now, it comes
included in the base library :)

-- Don

Re: 6.6 candidate

Esa Ilari Vuokko
On 9/6/06, J. Garrett Morris <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ghc-dir\lib\i386-unknown-mingw32\include.  Moving the files from the
> new location to the old solved the compilation problem.

The correct place is ghc-dir\include, indeed.

> Was this a problem in the distributed build, or did I do something
> wrong when I was installing it?

I think it is a problem with the nightly build.

Best regards,
--Esa