8.6.1 status

Ben Gamari-3

Hi everyone,

As noted a few weeks ago, the 8.6.1 fork is quickly approaching.
Currently the plan is to cut the branch on Friday, 1 May 2018. After the
branch there will likely be a few days of bug fixing and clean-up,
followed by the alpha 1 release.

Let me know if you have a patch which you would like to see included
that hasn't yet been submitted for review.

Cheers,

- Ben

Re: 8.6.1 status

Ben Gamari-3
Ben Gamari <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> As noted a few weeks ago, the 8.6.1 fork is quickly approaching.
> Currently the plan is to cut the branch on Friday, 1 May 2018.

Silly me; the above is supposed to read "Friday, 1 June 2018".

Sorry for the confusion!

Cheers,

- Ben

Re: 8.6.1 status

Phyx
I think I'll have to punt my changes for 8.8.1,

The I/O manager is mostly working but it's taking some time to iron out the. Corner cases and ensure the behavior is not different than what people expect with mio even though the model is quite different.

I have 12 failing tests but each take me a reasonable amount of time to diagnose and fix without breaking other things and I still need to optimize it all and add networking support.

The linker patches require some more extensive testing so I don't want to rush those through either.

At this point, both patches are huge so they would take a considerable amount of time to review anyway so they wouldn't stand much of a chance even if I put them up tomorrow.

Thanks,
Tamar

On Sat, May 19, 2018, 18:56 Ben Gamari <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ben Gamari <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> As noted a few weeks ago, the 8.6.1 fork is quickly approaching.
> Currently the plan is to cut the branch on Friday, 1 May 2018.

Silly me; the above is supposed to read "Friday, 1 June 2018".

Sorry for the confusion!

Cheers,

- Ben

Re: 8.6.1 status

Levent Erkok
I wish I can offer more than just a request, but the following bug:

is rendering some oft-used packages on Macs unusable. (doctest being the prime example in my case.)

It would truly be awesome if it was fixed in the next release.

-Levent.

Phyx <[hidden email]> writes:

> I think I'll have to punt my changes for 8.8.1,

Sad but understandable. Good luck and let us know how things go!

Cheers,

- Ben

Re: 8.6.1 status

Evan Laforge
Also -fdefer-type-errors in ghci is broken for 8.4:

I understand it's a complicated problem, but it would be sad if it
were broken for all of 8.6 as well.

At least how about a quick patch that emits a warning when it sees
--interactive -fdefer-type-errors and says this combination is no
longer supported?