A newcomer: how to start

Sergey Bykov
Hi,

my name is Sergey and I'm recently joined to this mailing list. I would
like to help GHC's community and start contributing to the GHC project.
Could someone recommend a few tasks, which seems to be suitable for a
beginner?

About myself:

I'm pretty experienced Research Scientist/Software Developer in such
areas like discrete optimization and machine learning.

Thanks in advance!

Re: A newcomer: how to start

Ara Adkins
Hey Sergey,

I’d honestly head straight for the GHC newcomers guide [0]! Once you’re familiar with all of that just head for Trac and look for the low hanging fruit tasks! Most importantly, don’t forget to ask questions! Nobody here bites!

Best,
_ara

On 5 Sep 2017, at 13:42, Sergey Bykov <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

my name is Sergey and I'm recently joined to this mailing list. I would like to help GHC's community and start contributing to the GHC project. Could someone recommend a few tasks, which seems to be suitable for a beginner?

About myself:

I'm pretty experienced Research Scientist/Software Developer in such areas like discrete optimization and machine learning.

Thanks in advance!

RE: A newcomer: how to start

GHC - devs mailing list

Yes, welcome!

Do join ghc-devs and watch the fun.

There is a learning curve, but as Ara says, everyone is friendly.

Simon