ALife category

Amy de Buitléir
I'm developing a framework for artificial life experiments that I would like to
make available on Hackage eventually. I've read all the guidance and proposals I
could find for where to place packages in the hierarchy:

http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hierarchical_module_names
http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/libraries/layout.html
http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/libraries/layoutSM.html

I've also examined the current hierarchy of modules:

http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/pkg-list.html

The current hierarchy has a top-level AI category, so it would seem logical to
me to add a top-level ALife category and put my package under that. But perhaps
it would be best not to start a new top-level category? I could put my package
under AI, because my framework does support the use of AI, and wouldn't look too
out of place with the other packages there.

Thoughts?

Re: ALife category

Ertugrul Söylemez
Amy de Buitléir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm developing a framework for artificial life experiments that I
> would like to make available on Hackage eventually. I've read all the
> guidance and proposals I could find for where to place packages in the
> hierarchy:
>
> http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hierarchical_module_names
> http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/libraries/layout.html
> http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/libraries/layoutSM.html
>
> I've also examined the current hierarchy of modules:
>
> http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/pkg-list.html
>
> The current hierarchy has a top-level AI category, so it would seem
> logical to me to add a top-level ALife category and put my package
> under that. But perhaps it would be best not to start a new top-level
> category? I could put my package under AI, because my framework does
> support the use of AI, and wouldn't look too out of place with the
> other packages there.
Unless you expect to upload a large number of related packages with
various names, I wouldn't start a new category.  Note, if your package
supports multiple types of application, you can also specify multiple
categories:

    Category: Network, Web

Greets,
Ertgrul