[ANN] Book About Simulation

David Sorokin-2
Hi Cafe,

I am delightful to inform that I wrote a book about simulation, Haskell and my Aivika libraries.

http://aivikasoft.com/downloads/aivika/aivika.pdf

It depends on point of view how to concern with this book. It can be a book about discrete event simulation per se. Also it can be considered as Aivika User’s Manual, or as a book about that how we can apply Haskell for simulation.

I would be very grateful if someone could review my book, especially the English text as I’m a Russian native speaker.

Best regards,
David Sorokin

Re: [ANN] Book About Simulation

Richard A. O'Keefe

On 5/11/17 7:43 PM, David Sorokin wrote:
> Hi Cafe,
>
> I am delightful to inform that I wrote a book about simulation, Haskell and my Aivika libraries.
>
> http://aivikasoft.com/downloads/aivika/aivika.pdf

This sounded interesting, but when I clicked on the link,
I got a solid green page with these words in black:
   The domain aivikasoft.com is no longer parked by GoDaddy.

At https://github.com/dsorokin/aivika/wiki
the "Aivika Tutorial for Beginners" link points to
aivikasoft.com, which again gets a GoDaddy page.

The link to the Aivika manual PDF works, but I take it
that the book you are telling us about is something else.

Re: [ANN] Book About Simulation

David Sorokin-2
Richard,

Thanks for pointing to the issue. The link should refer to

It contains the material in three parts about sequential simulation, parallel and distributed simulation as well as nested simulation. Only the text is described from the point of that how it is implemented in Aivika, i.e. the text is not neutral. My text is biased by definition.

The link on Wiki is indeed very old. It points to a small prototype of the new book. The new book has graphical illustrations such as charts, histograms and small diagrams.

Best regards,
David Sorokin

6 нояб. 2017 г., в 2:05, Richard A. O'Keefe <[hidden email]> написал(а):

On 5/11/17 7:43 PM, David Sorokin wrote:
Hi Cafe,

I am delightful to inform that I wrote a book about simulation, Haskell and my Aivika libraries.

http://aivikasoft.com/downloads/aivika/aivika.pdf

This sounded interesting, but when I clicked on the link,
I got a solid green page with these words in black:
 The domain aivikasoft.com is no longer parked by GoDaddy.

At https://github.com/dsorokin/aivika/wiki
the "Aivika Tutorial for Beginners" link points to
aivikasoft.com, which again gets a GoDaddy page.

The link to the Aivika manual PDF works, but I take it
that the book you are telling us about is something else.

Re: [ANN] Book About Simulation

Henk-Jan van Tuyl

I got the same when I tried to read the PDF via the TOR network. When I
went via a VPN, I saw the PDF immediately.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--
Message from Stanford University: