[ANN] Call for Contributions: BOB 2017 - Berlin, Feb 24, 2017
BOB Conference 2017
"What happens when we use what's best for a change?"
http://bobkonf.de/2017/en/cfp.html Berlin, February 24
Call for Contributions
Deadline: October 30, 2016
You are actively engaged in advanced software engineering methods,
implement ambitious architectures and are open to cutting-edge
innovation? Attend this conference, meet people that share your goals,
and get to know the best software tools and technologies available
today. We strive to offer a day full of new experiences and
impressions that you can use to immediately improve your daily life as
a software developer.
If you share our vision and want to contribute, submit a proposal for
a talk or tutorial!
We are looking for talks about best-of-breed software technology, e.g.:
- functional programming
- persistent data structures and databases
- formal methods for correctness and robustness
- abstractions for concurrency and parallelism
- probabilistic programming
- ... everything really that isn’t mainstream, but you think should be.
Presenters should provide the audience with information that is
practically useful for software developers.
This time, we’re especially interested in experience reports. But this
could also take other forms, e.g.:
- introductory talks on technical background
- overviews of a given field
- demos and how-tos
We accept proposals for presentations of 45 minutes (40 minutes talk +
5 minutes questions), as well as 90 minute tutorials for
beginners. The language of presentation should be either English or
Your proposal should include (in your presentation language of choice):
- an abstract of max. 1500 characters.
- a short bio/cv
- contact information (including at least email address)
- a list of 3-5 concrete ideas of how your work can be applied in a
developer’s daily life
-additional material (websites, blogs, slides, videos of past presentations, …)
- direct questions to bobkonf at active minus group dot de
- proposal deadline: October 30, 2016
- notification: November 15, 2016
- program: December 1, 2016
NOTE: The conference fee will be waived for presenters, but travel
expenses will not be covered.
BOB has Speaker Grants available to support speakers from groups
under-represented in technology. We specifically seek women speakers
and speakers who are not be able to attend the conference for
financial reasons. Details are here: