[ANN] Declarative Game Programming & haskanoid (FRP, SDL, Android)

[ANN] Declarative Game Programming & haskanoid (FRP, SDL, Android)

Ivan Perez
Hi Café

A few weeks ago Henrik Nilsson gave a tutorial at PPDP 14 on Declarative Game Programming, demoing an SDL game using the FRP implementation Yampa.

Additional material has been made available now:
* Announcement and slides:
  http://fplab.bitbucket.org/posts/2014-09-23-declarative-game-programm.html
* Game:
  http://github.com/ivanperez-keera/haskanoid

The game includes wiimote support, SDL graphics and sound. We have other versions working with a kinect, if anyone is particularly interested. This is, IMHO, very fun to play, since you have to actually run around the room.

Also, Keera Studios (my company) is working on an Android version of the game and a video of an early demo running on a Galaxy Tab is available (http://keera.co.uk/blog/2014/09/24/game-programming-videos-code/). Our internal, latest version runs now much faster than the ones in either video (new videos will be released soon).

I hope we can soon give you a great excuse to be playing games at the office ;)

All the best

Ivan

Re: [ANN] Declarative Game Programming & haskanoid (FRP, SDL, Android)

Ivan Perez
Hi Mikolaj,
(CC haskell-cafe)

Thanks, Mikolaj!

Indeed, the original links to the slides were broken (deployment env vs production env, yikes!).

That has been fixed now. Bitbucket seeems to be taking some time to refresh the page, though.

In the meantime:
Best

Ivan

On 24 September 2014 10:27, Mikolaj Konarski <[hidden email]> wrote:
> * Announcement and slides:
>   http://fplab.bitbucket.org/posts/2014-09-23-declarative-game-programm.html

Hi! Thank you for the post. Both slides links are dead for me, though.