ANN: Leksah 0.1 - Haskell IDE written in Haskell

ANN: Leksah 0.1 - Haskell IDE written in Haskell

jutaro
I'm pleased to announce the first release of Leksah, an IDE for
Haskell written in Haskell. Leksah is intended as a practical tool
to support the Haskell development process.

This is an unfinished pre-release with bugs and open ends.
However, I decided to make a first announcement, hoping
that Leksah may already be interesting and useful.

Leksah uses GTK+ as GUI Toolkit with the gtk2hs binding. It is
platform independent and should run on any platform where GTK+, gtk2hs
and GHC can be installed. I have tested it on Windows and Linux.
It only supports GHC.

Features:
    * jumping to code every and anywhere
    * integration of cabal build
    * source candy
    * keymaps
    * configurable window
    * ...

Some rudimentary documentation can be found in the doc/ subdirectory.

Author and availability:

Leksah is written by me and published under a GPL-2 license.
Leksah can be optained via Hackage: http://hackage.haskell.org/
Darcs development repository: http://code.haskell.org/leksah

Juergen

Re: ANN: Leksah 0.1 - Haskell IDE written in Haskell

Justin Bailey
That looks really cool and I'd like to try it out. Can you provide
links to these packages?

  gtk >=0.9.12,
  glib >=0.9.12,
  sourceview >=0.9.12,
  binary >=0.4.1

I just don't have time to track them down myself ...

Justin

Re: ANN: Leksah 0.1 - Haskell IDE written in Haskell

Antoine Latter-2
The package `binary' should be on hackage.haskell.org.

The others can be found in gtk2hs, I think: http://www.haskell.org/gtk2hs/

Antoine

On Feb 13, 2008 11:52 AM, Justin Bailey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That looks really cool and I'd like to try it out. Can you provide
> links to these packages?
>
>   gtk >=0.9.12,
>   glib >=0.9.12,
>   sourceview >=0.9.12,
>   binary >=0.4.1
>
> I just don't have time to track them down myself ...
>
> Justin

Re: ANN: Leksah 0.1 - Haskell IDE written in Haskell

Austin Seipp
>   gtk >=0.9.12,
>   glib >=0.9.12,
>   sourceview >=0.9.12,

These are all apart of gtk2hs:

http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/

For my build on Linux I had to pass a --enable-sourceview option to
./configure so that the sourceview package was picked up and built,
but I figure it's probably picked up automatically if installed.
On windows, I have no idea if the installer carries these things with it.

>   binary >=0.4.1

Binary can be found on hackage:

http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/binary

--
"It was in the days of the rains that their prayers went up,
not from the fingering of knotted prayer cords or the spinning

Re: ANN: Leksah 0.1 - Haskell IDE written in Haskell

Alistair Bayley
>  Leksah is written by me and published under a GPL-2 license.
>  Leksah can be optained via Hackage: http://hackage.haskell.org/
>  Darcs development repository: http://code.haskell.org/leksah

I just downloaded this from hackage and went through the usual Cabal
ritual. The build fails with

[16 of 41] Compiling IDE.Utils.File   ( src/IDE/Utils/File.hs,
dist\build\leksah\leksah-tmp/IDE/Utils/File.o )

src/IDE/Utils/File.hs:161:33:
    Couldn't match expected type `Either String String'
           against inferred type `String'
    In the expression:
        if takeExtension fp == ".lhs" then unlit fp str else str
    In the definition of `str'':
        str' = if takeExtension fp == ".lhs" then unlit fp str else str
    In the expression:
        if exists then
            do str <- readFile fp
               let str' = ...
               let parseRes = ...
        else
            return Nothing

Would I be better off getting straight from the darcs repo?

Alistair

On 14/02/2008, Alistair Bayley <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  src/IDE/Utils/File.hs:161:33:
>     Couldn't match expected type `Either String String'
>            against inferred type `String'

Never mind; I've just realised this is because I have the latest dev
version of Cabal installed.

Alistair

Re: ANN: Leksah 0.1 - Haskell IDE written in Haskell

Dougal Stanton
On 14/02/2008, Alistair Bayley <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  I just downloaded this from hackage and went through the usual Cabal
>  ritual. The build fails with
>  Would I be better off getting straight from the darcs repo?

I compiled from the darcs repo last night, which worked fine.

--
Dougal Stanton
[hidden email] // http://www.dougalstanton.net

Re: ANN: Leksah 0.1 - Haskell IDE written in Haskell

Brent Yorgey

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 2:46 AM, Jürgen Nicklisch-Franken <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm pleased to announce the first release of Leksah, an IDE for
Haskell written in Haskell. Leksah is intended as a practical tool
to support the Haskell development process.

Is there a development listserv for leksah?  And what about a bug tracker?

-Brent

Re: ANN: Leksah 0.1 - Haskell IDE written in Haskell

jutaro
Currently their is no mailing list and no bug tracker. Until yesterday
it was a "one person - I do it inbetween" project.

If others like to contribute, which would be great, I think about
writing a short "one page" developers intro.

Jürgen

Am Donnerstag, den 14.02.2008, 10:44 -0500 schrieb Brent Yorgey:

> On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 2:46 AM, Jürgen Nicklisch-Franken
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>         I'm pleased to announce the first release of Leksah, an IDE
>         for
>         Haskell written in Haskell. Leksah is intended as a practical
>         tool
>         to support the Haskell development process.
>
> Is there a development listserv for leksah?  And what about a bug
> tracker?
>
> -Brent

Re: ANN: Leksah 0.1 - Haskell IDE written in Haskell

Don Stewart-2
byorgey:
>    On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 2:46 AM, Juergen Nicklisch-Franken
>    <[1][hidden email]> wrote:
>
>      I'm pleased to announce the first release of Leksah, an IDE for
>      Haskell written in Haskell. Leksah is intended as a practical tool
>      to support the Haskell development process.
>
>    Is there a development listserv for leksah?  And what about a bug tracker?

Should be pretty cheap to create a bug tracker on google's bug tracker
site, as xmonad does. then link to it from the wiki page.