ANN: Yampa 0.9.7 and 0.10.0

Ivan Perez
Dear all

Two new versions of Yampa have just been made available on hackage.

A short reminder for those who don't know: Yampa is a Functional
Reactive Programming DSL structured around Signal Functions. It
enforces a separation between effectful input/output and purely
functional signal transformations. Arrow notation can be used to
connect signal functions. Yampa has recently been used to write
several games available on Github [2] and Google Play (for Android)
[3, 4].

Regarding the new versions:

- Version 0.9.7 is fully backwards compatible and includes minimal changes.

- Version 0.10.0 is mostly, but not fully, backwards compatible and
has been restructured in modules to make documentation easier. We
expect this to help users find and understand the available
combinators better.

I have tried both versions with the game Haskanoid [2] and they work.
If your project cannot be compiled or executed correctly with either
version, please open an issue on our project page [1].

Yampa is being actively developed, and we are working on FRP
extensions that we hope will be introduced in future versions. Code,
documentation and research contributions are welcome.

All the best

Ivan

[1] https://github.com/ivanperez-keera/Yampa
[2] https://github.com/ivanperez-keera/haskanoid
[3] https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.keera.games.magiccookies
[4] https://github.com/keera-studios/magic-cookies

Re: ANN: Yampa 0.9.7 and 0.10.0

Ivan Perez
Also, here is the link to the hackage page. The "haddocks" are still
in the oven, they should be available in just a few minutes:

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/Yampa

Sorry for the extra noise.

Cheers

Ivan