[ANN] ascii-holidays

amindfv
For those of you celebrating Christmas this week, I've just uploaded an early version of the ascii-holidays package to Hackage. At the moment it's a reimplementation of two ASCII art Christmas tree animations, one originally written in Bash and the other in Perl. Over time I plan to add animations for other holidays as well.

You can install it with cabal install, then run it like:

    ascii-holidays xmas-1

I hope this adds a bit of Haskelly Christmas cheer to a few homes, and happy holidays to all!

Tom

Re: [ANN] ascii-holidays

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
I think you forgot to include the BashTree and PerlTree modules in the tarball...

On mobile; please excuse any tpyos.

On Tue, 24 Dec. 2019, 1:26 pm , <[hidden email]> wrote:
For those of you celebrating Christmas this week, I've just uploaded an early version of the ascii-holidays package to Hackage. At the moment it's a reimplementation of two ASCII art Christmas tree animations, one originally written in Bash and the other in Perl. Over time I plan to add animations for other holidays as well.

You can install it with cabal install, then run it like:

    ascii-holidays xmas-1

I hope this adds a bit of Haskelly Christmas cheer to a few homes, and happy holidays to all!

Tom

Re: [ANN] ascii-holidays

Francesco Ariis
On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 12:27:51AM -0500, [hidden email] wrote:
> For those of you celebrating Christmas this week, I've just uploaded an
> early version of the ascii-holidays package to Hackage. At the moment
> it's a reimplementation of two ASCII art Christmas tree animations, one
> originally written in Bash and the other in Perl.

Functional & Festive, well done!