[ANN] base64-bytestring-1.2.0.1 + future plans

[ANN] base64-bytestring-1.2.0.1 + future plans

Emily Pillmore
Hi Everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that we've released a new version of `base64-bytestring` that now supports `bytestring-0.11` in a backwards-compatible manner.

I'd also like to make an RFC: we are thinking that we will drop support for GHC versions <7.10 in future releases of the project. The earliest release  in which this can be expected will be around 6 months from now. The dev burden for supporting back to 7.0 is high, and unless someone screams in protest, the value does not seem to be there.

I'd like to get your thoughts on this.

Cheers,
Emily