I'm pleased to announce the release of hledger 1.13,
the first hledger release of 2019!
Thank you release contributors Jakob Schöttl and Dmitry Astapov.
hledger is a robust, cross-platform plain text accounting tool, for
tracking money, time, stocks, cryptocurrencies or any other commodity,
using double-entry accounting, private or shared plain text files,
revision control, and command-line, curses or web UIs.
Find out more at http://hledger.org and http://plaintextaccounting.org.
Release notes (condensed, see http://hledger.org/release-notes):
project-wide changes for 1.13
- packaging: A docker image providing the main hledger tools is now
linked on the download page. This is another way to get up-to-date
hledger tools without building them yourself (and, a way to run
hledger-ui on windows ?) (Dmitry Astapov, Simon Michael)
- doc: fixed pandoc typography conversion in web manuals. Eg -- was
being rendered as en-dash. (#954).
- cli: reorganised commands list. Addons now have a + prefix.
- cli: the command line help and manual section for all hledger’s
commands are now consistent, and generated from the same source.
- cli: comprehensive bash completion support is now provided (in
shell-completion/). See how-to in the Cookbook. (Jakob Schöttl)
- balance –budget: budget amounts now aggregate hierarchically, like
account balances. Unbudgeted accounts can be shown with -E/–empty
(along with zero-balance accounts), and the –show-budgeted flag has
been dropped. (Dmitry Astapov)
- balance: new –transpose flag switches the rows and columns of
tabular balance reports (in txt and csv output formats). (Dmitry
- close: generated balance assertions now have exact amounts with all
decimal digits, ignoring display precision. Also, balance assertion
amounts will no longer contain prices. (#941, #824, #958)
- files: now shows up in the commands list
- import: be silent when there’s nothing to import
- roi: percentages smaller than 0.01% are displayed as zero (Dmitry
- stats, ui: correct file order is preserved when using –auto (#949)
- journal: account directive: the account name can now be followed by
a comment on the same line
- journal: account directive: account types for the bs/bse/cf/is
commands can now be set with a type: tag, whose value is Asset,
Liability, Equity, Revenue, Expense, A, L, E, R or X
(case-insensitive). The previous syntax (account assets A) is now
- journal: account directive: account sort codes like account 1000
(introduced in 1.9, deprecated in 1.11) are no longer supported.
- journal: transaction modifiers (auto postings) can affect periodic
transactions (–auto can add postings to transactions generated with
–forecast). (Dmitry Astapov)
- journal: balance assertion errors now show exact amounts with all
decimal digits. Previously it was possible, in case of a commodity
directive limiting the display precision, to have a balance
assertion error with asserted and actual amounts looking the same.
- journal: fixed a periodic transaction parsing failure (#942) (Dmitry
- on posix systems, control-z suspends the program
- control-l now works everywhere and redraws more reliably
- the top status info is clearer
All install methods are described at http://hledger.org/download :
windows binaries, system packages, docker, nix, cabal, stack, hledger
installer, etc. Some of these might take a few days to become up to
date. On systems with bash installed, the hledger installer is a
reliable way to get the latest release of hledger:
$ curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/simonmichael/hledger/master/hledger-install/hledger-install.sh > hledger-install.sh
$ less hledger-install.sh # satisfy yourself that the script is safe
$ bash hledger-install.sh
$ hledger # list available commands
$ hledger help # list built-in manuals
Tutorials and all other docs: http://hledger.org
Chat: #hledger on Freenode or Matrix -
http://irc.hledger.org or http://riot.hledger.org .
New and old users, contributors, all feedback, always welcome!
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
To (un)subscribe, modify options or view archives go to:
Only members subscribed via the mailman list are allowed to post.
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|