I am pleased to announce hoodle v0.1.1.
In this version, I added the following functionality and made several
* context (popup) menu support : after you select, you will see a
context menu for the selected items (make pdf, make svg, cut, copy,
delete ...) You can also make your own context menu by scripting
$HOME/.hoodle.d/start.hs. I will explain this later in this email.
* text input support : text can be entered. currently font cannot
be changed yet.
* SVG import support : SVG can be imported as vector graphics
* JPG import support : in addition to PNG, now JPG can be imported
* embedding image : by default, hoodle now embed image in the file.
It can be turned off by checking off in option menu.
* full screen mode support
* color picker support
* rendering engine is improved much
I have added the following experimental functions.
* LaTeX input support (more precisely itex and MathML) : using
lasem library ( https://live.gnome.org/Lasem git repository :
http://git.gnome.org/cgit/lasem/ ), mathematical expression input is
* smooth scrolling
Internally, hoodle generates SVG image from text (and latex input), so
that it can be viewed exactly the same for any computer and font
Hoodle has a scripting support like xmonad. If you have
$HOME/.hoodle.d/start.hs , then the script will be automatically
compiled using dyre and you can customize your hoodle. There are not
so many hooks available yet, but I will add more and more hooks as
time goes. Currently, I use file name suggestion hook (using current
date/time) and custom context menu. (using this, I automatically
generate png image from selected items and put it on my dropbox
folder. This turned out extremely useful.)
See my example start.hs : https://gist.github.com/4551914
Installation is always simple :-)
> cabal update
you can install hoodle without poppler (pdf rendering support)
> cabal install hoodle
or with poppler (pdf rendering support) : recommended