[ANN] mercury-api-0.1.0.0 (for RFID readers)

[ANN] mercury-api-0.1.0.0 (for RFID readers)

Patrick Pelletier
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/mercury-api
https://github.com/ppelleti/hs-mercury-api

This package is a Haskell binding to the "Mercury API" C API for
ThingMagic RFID readers.  It is especially geared toward the SparkFun
Simultaneous RFID Reader board, which uses ThingMagic's M6e Nano module,
but it should work with other ThingMagic readers. (Though currently,
only support for serial readers is compiled in.) Most of the function
and type names are the same as their counterparts in the C API, with the
TMR_ prefix dropped.  For more in-depth, language-independent
documentation of Mercury API, see Mercury API Programmers Guide,
available from the "Manuals & Firmware" page, below.

This package includes a copy of the Mercury API C library, so no
external libraries are necessary.  Several small bug fixes have been
applied to the included version of the library.  (I have submitted these
patches upstream, but I don't know if or when they will be included in
the official version.)

The Haskell binding doesn't support background reads.  I recommend that
you just spawn a new Haskell thread and do foreground reads instead.

Currently, only support for the serial reader is compiled in, but it
probably wouldn't be too hard to enable LLRP support.  (I don't have any
way to test LLRP, however, as the M6e Nano doesn't support it.)

On Mac OS X, be sure to use the serial device that starts with
"/dev/cu.", not the serial device that starts with "/dev/tty.".

Only some parameters and some tagops are currently supported in the
Haskell binding.  (There are a lot of them, and I only implemented the
ones I needed.)  If you need support for additional parameters or
tagops, please file an issue in GitHub and I will add them.

I have tested this package on Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows, using the
SparkFun board.

Additional resources:

SparkFun Simultaneous RFID Reader: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/14066
ThingMagic Manuals & Firmware: