I'm pleased to announce the release of proto-lens-0.4.0.0. The library provides an API for protocol buffers, a language-independent binary file format. Cabal and Stack projects can use proto-lens to automatically generate Haskell source bindings from the original protocol buffer specifications.
Some significant changes in this new release include:
- Simplifying the overloaded lens instances to improve readability and type error messages (along with the associated release of lens-labels-0.3.0.0)
- Switching to a custom class for default messages
- Hiding the internals of generated message types
- Making the Show instances more readable and concise
- Splitting the Cabal support into finer-grained packages, for better integration with Nix and Bazel