Quantcast

ANN: signed-multiset-0.1

ANN: signed-multiset-0.1 – I am pleased to announce the first release of signed-multiset, which implements an abstract datatype for multisets with negative membership. Th...
Release early, release often. Here's a second version: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/signed-multiset-0.2 Changes: * Added the func...
Signed multisets are unfamiliar to most of us, and I for one found the paper a little fast-paced. Can you put a bit more into the documentation...
On 4/19/12 7:02 PM, Richard O'Keefe wrote: > For a specific example, I haven't the faintest intuition about > what 'map' should do. Suppo...
Wren, >> For a specific example, I haven't the faintest intuition about >> what 'map' should do. Suppose we have >> {(k1)...
I don't think max would be a good choice, as that would mean that the default multiplicity would have to be negative infinity (the identity elemen...
Sjoerd, >>>> For a specific example, I haven't the faintest intuition about >>>> what 'map' should do. Suppose we hav...
This is not just about map, but it also a problem for the Monoid instance. You are basically adding an extra identity element, 0, to the max monoi...
Sjoerd, > This is not just about map, but it also a problem for the Monoid instance. You are basically adding an extra identity element, 0, ...
On 4/23/12 9:18 AM, Stefan Holdermans wrote: > Sjoerd, > >> This is not just about map, but it also a problem for the Monoid instan...
Wren, Sjoerd, >>> This is not just about map, but it also a problem for the Monoid instance. You are basically adding an extra identit...
On Apr 25, 2012, at 11:39 AM, Stefan Holdermans wrote: > The union of two sets is typically defined as the smallest set that is a superset...
Sjoerd, I am sorry, as I already wrote, I decided to deprecate the package. > [3] defines the union as h(u) = max(f(u), g(u)) where f, g ...
On Apr 26, 2012, at 12:54 AM, Stefan Holdermans wrote: > Sjoerd, > > I am sorry, as I already wrote, I decided to deprecate the p...
Sjoerd, >>> [3] defines the union as h(u) = max(f(u), g(u)) where f, g and h are multiplicity functions. >> >> Which is...
On 4/25/12 7:27 PM, Stefan Holdermans wrote: > Sjoerd, > >>>> [3] defines the union as h(u) = max(f(u), g(u)) where f, g and ...
On 4/25/12 5:39 AM, Stefan Holdermans wrote: > The union of two sets is typically defined as the smallest set that is a superset of both the o...
On Apr 23, 2012, at 3:18 PM, Stefan Holdermans wrote: > Sjoerd, > >> This is not just about map, but it also a problem for the...
Sjoerd, >>> This is not just about map, but it also a problem for the Monoid instance. You are basically adding an extra identity elem...
On Apr 23, 2012, at 4:34 PM, Stefan Holdermans wrote: > Sjoerd, > >>>> This is not just about map, but it also a problem...
Sjoerd, >>> Then why would you want that? >> >> You don't have to. (SignedMultiset a, additiveUnion, empty) gives you t...
On Apr 23, 2012, at 7:04 PM, Stefan Holdermans wrote: > if this is what people have agreed on to be a sensible semantics for hybrid sets, ...
Sjoerd, > I have a hard time believing you have implemented the semantics that people have agreed on to be a sensible semantics for hybrid s...
Richard, Thanks for your excellent feedback! Very helpful! > Signed multisets are unfamiliar to most of us, and I for one found the paper a l...
On 19/04/2012 4:10 AM, Stefan Holdermans wrote: > Release early, release often. Here's a second version: > > http://hackage.haskell...
Jacques, > In the literature, we have found [1] that these are sometimes also called 'hybrid sets'. They also go by the name of 'shadow s...
Stefan Holdermans <stefan <at> vectorfabrics.com> writes: > This package provides an efficient implementation of so-called >...
Johannes, >> This package provides an efficient implementation of so-called >> signed multisets, which generalise multisets by all...
On 18 April 2012 14:26, Stefan Holdermans <stefan@...> wrote: > I am pleased to announce the first release of signed-multiset, which impl...
Ivan, >> This package provides an efficient implementation of so-called >> signed multisets, which generalise multisets by allowin...