ANN: stack-1.6.5

Emanuel Borsboom
See for installation and upgrade instructions.

This is a bug-fix release.

Bug fixes:

* 1.6.1 introduced a change that made some precompiled cache files use
  longer paths, sometimes causing builds to fail on windows. This has been
  fixed. See [#3649](
* Some unnecessary rebuilds when no files were changed are now avoided, by
  having a separate build cache for each component of a package. See
* Correct the behavior of promoting a package from snapshot to local
  package. This would get triggered when version bounds conflicted in
  a snapshot, which could be triggered via Hackage revisions for old
  packages. This also should allow custom snapshots to define
  conflicting versions of packages without issue. See
  [Stackage issue #3185](
* When promoting packages from snapshot to local, we were
  occassionally discarding the actual package location content and
  instead defaulting to pulling the package from the index. We now
  correctly retain this information. Note that if you were affected by
  this bug, you will likely need to delete the binary build cache
  associated with the relevant custom snapshot. See
* `--no-rerun-tests` has been fixed. Previously, after running a test
  we were forgetting to record the result, which meant that all tests
  always ran even if they had already passed before. See
* Includes a patched version of `hackage-security` which fixes both
  some issues around asynchronous exception handling, and moves from
  directory locking to file locking, making the update mechanism
  resilient against SIGKILL and machine failure. See
  [hackage-security #187](
  and [#3073](

Thanks to all our contributors for this release:

* Arnaud Spiwack
* Artyom
* Artyom Kazak
* Charles Reilly