ANNOUNCE: Bamse 1.0

Sigbjorn Finne

Galois is pleased to announce the first public release of Bamse,
a Windows Installer creator framework written in Haskell. Using
Bamse, you can easily create applications that let you build
Windows Installer (MSIs) for your project's product deliverables.

The tool was written quite a while ago (4-5 years) as an internal
tool at Galois to help the automated building of shippable bundles
for Windows platforms, but has also been used for GHC installers
since version 5.0.x (and other Haskell-related tools, interpreters
and packages.)

The source code + support package is available from

     http://galois.com/~sof/bamse/

Remarks/notes:
  - the source code is covered by a BSD license.
  - questions, bug reports to [hidden email] / [hidden email] (*)
  - If someone would like to adopt and extend the code to make
     it even more useful, feel free to dive in and hack. (Integrate
     it into the building of Cabal source and binary dists, perhaps..?)
  - If there's genuine interest, the code could be made available
    via a repo ( (*) being the main reason not to right now.)

Enjoy
--sigbjorn

(*) - I'm in the middle of moving to another tectonic plate, so e-mail
        of weeks.

Re: ANNOUNCE: Bamse 1.0

Esa Ilari Vuokko
Hi,

On 8/17/07, Sigbjorn Finne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Galois is pleased to announce the first public release of Bamse,
> a Windows Installer creator framework written in Haskell. Using
> Bamse, you can easily create applications that let you build
> Windows Installer (MSIs) for your project's product deliverables.
>
> The tool was written quite a while ago (4-5 years) as an internal
> tool at Galois to help the automated building of shippable bundles
> for Windows platforms, but has also been used for GHC installers
> since version 5.0.x (and other Haskell-related tools, interpreters
> and packages.)

Cool :-)  I wish I had known this was coming - I've been working
recently on MSI generator for pre-compiled Cabal-packages, but it
uses Wix tools, instead of foreign bindings to MSI interfaces.

> The source code + support package is available from
>
>      http://galois.com/~sof/bamse/
>
> Remarks/notes:
>   - the source code is covered by a BSD license.
>   - questions, bug reports to [hidden email] / [hidden email] (*)
>   - If someone would like to adopt and extend the code to make
>      it even more useful, feel free to dive in and hack. (Integrate
>      it into the building of Cabal source and binary dists, perhaps..?)
>   - If there's genuine interest, the code could be made available
>     via a repo ( (*) being the main reason not to right now.)

Best regards,
Esa