ANNOUNCE: Crypto-3.0.3

Dominic Steinitz
I should like to announce a new version of the Haskell Cryptography Library.

Version 3.0.3 supports:

• DES
• Blowfish
• AES
• Cipher Block Chaining (CBC)
• PKCS#5 and nulls padding
• SHA-1
• MD5
• RSA
• OAEP-based encryption (Bellare-Rogaway)
• PKCS#1v1.5 signature scheme
• ASN.1
• PKCS#8
• X.509 Identity Certificates
• X.509 Attribute Certificates

It also includes Base64, a hexdump function, support for Word128, Word192,
Word256 (key sizes for AES) and beyond.

The ASN.1 handling has been re-written. Details on how to use it are contained
in the user guide http://www.haskell.org/crypto/ReadMe.pdf. Haddock
documentation is available at http://www.haskell.org/crypto/doc/html. See the
home page (http://www.haskell.org/crypto) for downloading.

Dominic.

Re: ANNOUNCE: Crypto-3.0.3

sethk
Very nice, and just in time for something I need to do.

Is this library free of export license or other government nonsense that sometimes plagues cryptography code?

TIA,

Seth Kurtzberg
(36 commercially deployed Haskell programs, and counting)

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 08:33:16 +0100
Dominic Steinitz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I should like to announce a new version of the Haskell Cryptography Library.
>
> Version 3.0.3 supports:
>
> • DES
> • Blowfish
> • AES
> • Cipher Block Chaining (CBC)
> • PKCS#5 and nulls padding
> • SHA-1
> • MD5
> • RSA
> • OAEP-based encryption (Bellare-Rogaway)
> • PKCS#1v1.5 signature scheme
> • ASN.1
> • PKCS#8
> • X.509 Identity Certificates
> • X.509 Attribute Certificates
>
> It also includes Base64, a hexdump function, support for Word128, Word192,
> Word256 (key sizes for AES) and beyond.
>
> The ASN.1 handling has been re-written. Details on how to use it are contained
> in the user guide http://www.haskell.org/crypto/ReadMe.pdf. Haddock
> documentation is available at http://www.haskell.org/crypto/doc/html. See the
> home page (http://www.haskell.org/crypto) for downloading.
>
> Dominic.

Re: ANNOUNCE: Crypto-3.0.3

Dominic Steinitz
Seth Kurtzberg <seth <at> cql.com> writes:

> Very nice, and just in time for something I need to do.
>
> Is this library free of export license or other government nonsense that
sometimes plagues cryptography code?

> TIA,

Seth,

The short answer is I don't know. There was a discussion on this about 6 months
ago, see http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/libraries/2005-November/004611.html.

Dominic.