ANNOUNCE: GHC 6.8.2 Release Candidate

Ian Lynagh

We are pleased to announce the Release Candidate phase for GHC 6.8.2.

    Snapshots beginning with 6.8.1.20071206 are release candidates for 6.8.2

You can download snapshots from here:

    http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/stable/dist/

Right now we have the source bundles:

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/stable/dist/ghc-6.8.1.20071206-src.tar.bz2
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/stable/dist/ghc-6.8.1.20071206-src-extralibs.tar.bz2

Only the first of these is necessary. The "extralibs" package contains
various extra packages that are often supplied with GHC - unpack the
extralibs tarball on top of the source tree to add them, and they will
be included in the build automatically.

There is also currently an installer for i386/Windows and binary
distributions for x86_64/Linux and i386/Linux. More may appear later.

Please test as much as possible; bugs are much cheaper if we find them
before the release!

We expect to release in a few days, assuming no major issues are
discovered.

Thanks
Ian, on behalf of the GHC team

Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC 6.8.2 Release Candidate

Bugzilla from alfonso.acosta@gmail.com
I know there are some problems with Leopard (OSX 10.5) but, before
bothering compile the release, should it be expected to work on
Leopard/PPC or Leopard/Intel?

On Dec 7, 2007 1:58 PM, Ian Lynagh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We are pleased to announce the Release Candidate phase for GHC 6.8.2.
>
>     Snapshots beginning with 6.8.1.20071206 are release candidates for 6.8.2
>
> You can download snapshots from here:
>
>     http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/stable/dist/
>
> Right now we have the source bundles:
>
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/stable/dist/ghc-6.8.1.20071206-src.tar.bz2
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/stable/dist/ghc-6.8.1.20071206-src-extralibs.tar.bz2
>
> Only the first of these is necessary. The "extralibs" package contains
> various extra packages that are often supplied with GHC - unpack the
> extralibs tarball on top of the source tree to add them, and they will
> be included in the build automatically.
>
> There is also currently an installer for i386/Windows and binary
> distributions for x86_64/Linux and i386/Linux. More may appear later.
>
> Please test as much as possible; bugs are much cheaper if we find them
> before the release!
>
> We expect to release in a few days, assuming no major issues are
> discovered.
>

> Thanks
> Ian, on behalf of the GHC team

Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC 6.8.2 Release Candidate

Joel Reymont
I don't have any problems with ghc 6.8.x on Leopard x86.

I believe the problems are confined to Leopard PPC.

--
http://wagerlabs.com