Quantcast

ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.4.2 Release Candidate 1

Ian Lynagh

We are pleased to announce the first release candidate for GHC 7.4.2:

    http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/7.4.2-rc1/

This includes the source tarball, installers for OS X and Windows, and
bindists for amd64/Linux, i386/Linux, amd64/FreeBSD and i386/FreeBSD.

Please test as much as possible; bugs are much cheaper if we find them
before the release!

Thanks
Ian, on behalf of the GHC team

Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.4.2 Release Candidate 1

Jens Petersen
On 16 May 2012 19:05, Ian Lynagh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We are pleased to announce the first release candidate for GHC 7.4.2:
>
>    http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/7.4.2-rc1/

Thanks!

I did a test scratch build on Fedora 18, which should also work on
Fedora 17 which will be released soon.

If you want to try the build on Fedora the source and binary rpms can
be downloaded from:
http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/scratch/petersen/task_4084830/

I also just started a test build on Fedora ARM but that will take a
little longer to finish.

Jens

On 18 May 2012 10:34, Jens Petersen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I also just started a test build on Fedora ARM but that will take a
> little longer to finish.

The ARM also finished successfully:
http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=838546
(with the same ARM patches as for 7.4.1).

I also tested building haskell-platform-2012.4 RC1 with ghc-7.4.2 RC1 on x86_64.

Jens

Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.4.2 Release Candidate 1

Christian Höner zu Siederdissen-2

right now it seems that my ADPfusion stuff works, apparently no bugs.
The runtimes seem to have improved a bit, too. :-) (Could be due to
other changes I currently make due to reviewers' suggestions...)

If anybody has a binary package for ARM in general, I can test that,
too. Unfortunately, I currently don't have the time to build ARM from
source, or try fc18 or Ubuntu for ARM.

I have a trimslice, running Archlinux for ARM.

Gruss,
Christian

* Ian Lynagh <[hidden email]> [16.05.2012 12:07]:

> We are pleased to announce the first release candidate for GHC 7.4.2:
>
>     http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/7.4.2-rc1/
>
> This includes the source tarball, installers for OS X and Windows, and
> bindists for amd64/Linux, i386/Linux, amd64/FreeBSD and i386/FreeBSD.
>
> Please test as much as possible; bugs are much cheaper if we find them
> before the release!
>

> Thanks
> Ian, on behalf of the GHC team

RE: ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.4.2 Release Candidate 1

Chris Dornan
I have built 7.4.2-rc1 on CentOS5, CentOS6 and Fedora Core 16 without a
hitch.

I am testing it with the provisional 2021.2.0.0 platform (currently slated
to use 7.4.1).

CentOS packages for 7.4.2-rc1 and its companion 2012.2.0.0-beta2 are up at
justhub.org; the FC16 packages and some notes/instructions to follow
tomorrow.

Chris