[ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.6.1-alpha1 available

Ben Gamari-3

The GHC development team is pleased to announce the first
alpha release leading up to GHC 8.6.1. The usual release artifacts
are available from

    https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/8.6.1-alpha1

This is the first release (partially) generated using our new CI
infrastructure. One known issue is that the haddock documentation is
currently unavailable. This will be fixed in the next alpha release. Do
let us know if you spot anything else amiss.

As always, do let us know if you encounter any trouble in the course of
testing. Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

- Ben

Re: [ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.6.1-alpha1 available

Matthew Pickering
Users of nix can test their package using the instructions in this
gist. It should be straightforward as the 8.6.1 alpha will be
downloaded from the binary cache.

https://gist.github.com/mpickering/fd26e9f03d6cb88cbb91b90b6019f3dd

The compiler will use patches form head.hackage in order to build dependencies.

Any problems, let me know.

Matt

George Colpitts <[hidden email]> writes:

> I don't see an apple/darwin binary. Not sure if that is an oversight or was
> planned.

Yikes! Thank you for mentioning this. This is indeed a mistake. I'm
uploading the Darwin distribution right now; it will be done within 20
minutes.

Cheers,

- Ben

Re: [ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.6.1-alpha1 available

Jens Petersen-4
On 1 July 2018 at 06:26, Ben Gamari <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The GHC development team is pleased to announce the first
> alpha release leading up to GHC 8.6.1.

I built it for Fedora in a Copr repo:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/petersen/ghc-8.6.1/

I see that xhtml library seems to have been downgraded from
xhtml-3000.2.2.1 to xhtml-3000.2.2?

Jens