ANNOUNCE: GHC's new support engineer: Ian Lynagh

ANNOUNCE: GHC's new support engineer: Ian Lynagh

Simon Marlow
We are delighted to announce that GHC now has a full-time support
engineer.  He is Ian Lynagh (aka Igloo on IRC), and is well known to
many of you on the Haskell and GHC mailing lists.  He'll be helping with
all aspects of GHC, especially release management, bug diagnosis and
tracking, documentation, packaging, and supporting other GHC hackers.
Welcome Ian!

We were absolutely delighted by both the number and quality of the
people who applied for the post, and we want to thank them all very much
for doing so.  We love you all!

Andrew Herbert, the lab director of Microsoft Research Cambridge lab
director, also deserves a big thank-you, for supporting this post (no
strings attached!).  It'll make a huge difference.

Looking forward to seeing many of you soon, at the GHC Hackathon [1] (25
people registered), and/or at ICFP in Portland.

Simon Peyton Jones and Simon Marlow

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Hackathon