ANNOUNCE: GHC version 7.10.1

Austin Seipp-5
    The (Interactive) Glasgow Haskell Compiler -- version 7.10.1

The GHC Team is pleased to announce a new major release of GHC. There
have been a number of significant changes since the last major
release, including:

  * Several new language features and changes have been implemented:
    - Applicative is now a superclass of Monad and in the Prelude.

    - Many prelude combinators have been generalized

    - Static pointers

  * GHC now has preliminary and experimental support for DWARF based debugging.

  * `integer-gmp` has been completely rewritten.

  * Type-checking plugins can now extend the type checker.

  * Support for partial type signatures

  * Many bugfixes and other performance improvements.

  * Preliminary support for 'backpack' features like signatures.

  * Typeable is now generated by default for all data types automatically.

We've also fixed a handful of issues reported since RC3:

  - A bug in the call arity analysis that would result in invalid core
was fixed (#10176)
  - A bug in the Win32 package causing it to fail to load was fixed (#10165)
  - ghc-prim has (correctly) been bumped to version 0.4.0.0, to comply
with the PVP.
  - Several libraries have been bumped to their latest available
versions after coordination.

The full release notes are here:

https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/7.10.1/docs/html/users_guide/release-7-10-1.html

How to get it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The easy way is to go to the web page, which should be self-explanatory:

        https://www.haskell.org/ghc/

We supply binary builds in the native package format for many
platforms, and the source distribution is available from the same
place.

Packages will appear as they are built - if the package for your
system isn't available yet, please try again later.

Background
~~~~~~~~~~

Haskell is a standard lazy functional programming language.

GHC is a state-of-the-art programming suite for Haskell.  Included is
an optimising compiler generating good code for a variety of
platforms, together with an interactive system for convenient, quick
development. The distribution includes space and time profiling
facilities, a large collection of libraries, and support for various
language extensions, including concurrency, exceptions, and foreign
language interfaces (C, whatever). GHC is distributed under a
BSD-style open source license.

A wide variety of Haskell related resources (tutorials, libraries,
specifications, documentation, compilers, interpreters, references,
contact information, links to research groups) are available from the
Haskell home page (see below).

On-line GHC-related resources
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Relevant URLs on the World-Wide Web:

GHC home page              http://www.haskell.org/ghc/
GHC developers' home page  http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/
Haskell home page          http://www.haskell.org/

Supported Platforms
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The list of platforms we support, and the people responsible for them,
is here:

   https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Platforms
   https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/CodeOwners

Ports to other platforms are possible with varying degrees of
difficulty.  The Building Guide describes how to go about porting to a
new platform:

    https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building

Developers
~~~~~~~~~~

We welcome new contributors.  Instructions on accessing our source
code repository, and getting started with hacking on GHC, are
available from the GHC's developer's site run by Trac:

  https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/

Mailing lists

Some GHC developers hang out on #haskell on IRC, too:

    https://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/IRC_channel

Please report bugs using our bug tracking system.  Instructions on
reporting bugs can be found here:

    https://www.haskell.org/ghc/reportabug

Hashes & Signatures
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/7.10.1/ you will find a signed
copy of the SHA256 hashes for the tarballs, using my GPG key (0F8F
3AA9 9235 C704 ADA0  B419 B942 AEE5 3B58 D86F).

Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant

Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC version 7.10.1

Jan Stolarek
Austin, links to x86_64 linux versions for CentOS don't work.

Janek

Dnia piątek, 27 marca 2015, Austin Seipp napisał:

> [...]
>
>     https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building
>

> Developers
> ~~~~~~~~~~
>
> We welcome new contributors.  Instructions on accessing our source
> code repository, and getting started with hacking on GHC, are
> available from the GHC's developer's site run by Trac:
>
>   https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/
>

> Mailing lists

> Some GHC developers hang out on #haskell on IRC, too:
>
>     https://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/IRC_channel
>
> Please report bugs using our bug tracking system.  Instructions on
> reporting bugs can be found here:
>
>     https://www.haskell.org/ghc/reportabug
>

> Hashes & Signatures
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> On https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/7.10.1/ you will find a signed
> copy of the SHA256 hashes for the tarballs, using my GPG key (0F8F
> 3AA9 9235 C704 ADA0  B419 B942 AEE5 3B58 D86F).

---
Politechnika Łódzka
Lodz University of Technology

Treść tej wiadomości zawiera informacje przeznaczone tylko dla adresata.
Jeżeli nie jesteście Państwo jej adresatem, bądź otrzymaliście ją przez pomyłkę
prosimy o powiadomienie o tym nadawcy oraz trwałe jej usunięcie.

This email contains information intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender and delete it from your system.