GHC 8.10.1 brings a number of new features including:
* The new UnliftedNewtypes extension allowing newtypes around unlifted
* The new StandaloneKindSignatures extension allows users to give
top-level kind signatures to type, type family, and class
* A new warning, -Wderiving-defaults, to draw attention to ambiguous
* A number of improvements in code generation, including changes
* A new GHCi command, :instances, for listing the class instances
available for a type.
* An upgraded Windows toolchain lifting the MAX_PATH limitation
* A new, low-latency garbage collector.
* Improved support profiling, including support for sending profiler
samples to the eventlog, allowing correlation between the profile and
other program events
Note that at the moment we still require that macOS Catalina users
exempt the binary distribution from the notarization requirement by
running `xattr -cr .` on the unpacked tree before running `make install`.
This situation will hopefully be improved for GHC 8.10.2 with the
resolution of #17418 .