ANNOUNCE: HaNS-2.1.0.0

Trevor Elliott-3
Galois, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of HaNS, the Haskell
Network Stack.  HaNS is a lightweight, pure Haskell network stack that
can be used for Haskell networking in the context of the HaLVM, or with
a Linux tap device. Currently, HaNS supports 802.3, IPv4, ARP, DHCP
(partially), ICMP, UDP, and TCP.

    On Hackage: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/HaNS
    Git repo:   http://code.galois.com/cgi-bin/gitweb

The TCP component is a port of Peng Li and Stephan Zdancewic's Haskell
TCP library, which in turn was translated from Norrish et al's HOL4 TCP
specification.

What might you use HaNS for? Developing new and interesting networking
protocols, at any layer of the network stack, or your own variants of
existing protocols. HaNS allows HaLVM nodes to support networking,
meaning you can run experimental network services directly on top of the
HaLVM (without any pesky OS getting in the way). There are probably lots
of other cool applications of HaNS we haven't though of yet.

HaNS is released under a BSD license, and should be considered
experimental at this stage.

If you have any questions please contact the HaLVM team at

    [hidden email].

-- Trevor Elliott (for the HaLVM team)

P.S. If you're building with the HaLVM, make sure to add -fhalvm to your
cabal install invocation.