ANNOUNCE: lens-family 1.0.0

roconnor
Before there was lens there was lens-family....

I'm pleased to announce the second major release of
the lens-family pacakges: lens-family-core-1.0.0 and lens-family-1.0.0.

They can be found at

* <http://hackage.haskell.org/package/lens-family-core>
* <http://hackage.haskell.org/package/lens-family>

I consider these packages to be kiddie-pool sized lens libraries for those
people who are, for whatever reason, too intimidated by the lens library.
I think this is a good way to get one's feet wet with lenses.  The type
for lenses and traversals are completely compatible with the lens library.

This release brings two major developments to lens-family:

* Support for traversals and folds.

* The names have been all renamed to be mostly compatible with the lexicon
developed by lens.

With a common lexicon, I hope that users will find it easy to transition
from lens-family to lens when they outgrow the kiddie pool.

The lens-family-core package is a completely Haskell 98 package for those
who need the compatibility. The lens-family package is a wrapper around
lens-family-core that provides a few useful Rank 2 type synonyms to make
using functional references a little easier.

P.S.  If edwardk is reading, I've used Ryan Ingram's definition from
<http://twanvl.nl/blog/haskell/cps-functional-references#comment-comment0>
to implement alongside so that it works for both lenses and getters.  You
probably want to do the same.

--
Russell O'Connor                                      <http://r6.ca/>