ARM64 cross-compiler and --sysroot GNU C option.

ARM64 cross-compiler and --sysroot GNU C option.

Karel Gardas

Folks,

just for fun I've built GHC cross-compiler for ARM64 platform using LLVM
backend. I've documented it here:
https://ghcarm.wordpress.com/2014/01/18/unregisterised-ghc-head-build-for-arm64-platform/

and I'm writing here just to ask if you think adding --with-gcc-sysroot
option (or kind of it) to GHC's configure may be a good idea or not
(i.e. you consider using shell script wrapper which passes --sysroot
option to the GNU C cross compiler perfectly adequate for this job --
like I did in blog post above). See also #7754 which shows the same problem.

Thanks!
Karel