Adding ConApp to Core

GHC - devs mailing list

Andres, Richard, Stephanie

The more I think about our idea of introducing ConApp the more I like it.  I wrote it up in a ticket

Re: Adding ConApp to Core

Manuel M T Chakravarty-4
I like this. Having the DataCon only in IdDetails always felt a bit off.

Manuel

Simon Peyton Jones via ghc-devs <[hidden email]>:

Andres, Richard, Stephanie

The more I think about our idea of introducing ConApp the more I like it.  I wrote it up in a ticket

Re: Adding ConApp to Core

Carter Schonwald
I'm in favor as well.

I've some experiments I'd like to do on ghc (and that work would support me focusing on!!!) that become dramatically simpler  to get the the Simons seal of approval if core already gets multiple arg / simultaneous arg saturated application (a la type are calling or sequent core  ).
:)
-Carter

Simon Peyton Jones via ghc-devs <<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;ghc-devs@haskell.org&#39;);" target="_blank">ghc-devs@...>:

Andres, Richard, Stephanie

The more I think about our idea of introducing ConApp the more I like it.  I wrote it up in a ticket

Re: Adding ConApp to Core

Ben Gamari-2
Carter Schonwald <[hidden email]> writes:

> I'm trying to google the System IF spj mentioned earlier in this
> topic/ or on trac. Google and other search tools are failing me. Can
> anyone kindly direct me to what papers or expositions on this system f
> variant ?

You are looking for Jay and Peyton Jones. "Scrap Your Type Applications"
(2008) [1].

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/people/simonpj/