Alt+Tab on a per workspace basis.

"Peter Krauß"
Hello!

I would like to mimic Window's Alt+Tab behaviour in XMonad on a per-workspace basis: Pressing Alt+Tab should focus the window on the current workspace, that most recently had the focus on that workspace.
I can use GroupNavigation's "nextMatch History (return True)" but then it also switches workspaces. I would need something like:
nextMatch History  (window's workspace == current workspace)

Sadly I am not a Haskell guy, so I can not figure out how to create such a query for. Could someone help me? Or maybe tell me if there is a more easy solution?

Cheers,
Peter

Re: Alt+Tab on a per workspace basis.

Peter Jones
"Peter Krauß" <[hidden email]> writes:
> I would like to mimic Window's Alt+Tab behaviour in XMonad on a
> per-workspace basis: Pressing Alt+Tab should focus the window on the
> current workspace, that most recently had the focus on that workspace.
> I can use GroupNavigation's "nextMatch History (return True)" but then
> it also switches workspaces. I would need something like:
> nextMatch History  (window's workspace == current workspace)
> Sadly I am not a Haskell guy, so I can not figure out how to create
> such a query for. Could someone help me? Or maybe tell me if there is
> a more easy solution?

I would bind Alt+Tab to:

    windows W.focusDown

--
Peter Jones, Founder, Devalot.com
Defending the honor of good code

Re: Alt+Tab on a per workspace basis.

Brandon Allbery
On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 8:37 AM, "Peter Krauß" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello!

I would like to mimic Window's Alt+Tab behaviour in XMonad on a per-workspace basis: Pressing Alt+Tab should focus the window on the current workspace, that most recently had the focus on that workspace.
I can use GroupNavigation's "nextMatch History (return True)" but then it also switches workspaces. I would need something like:
nextMatch History  (window's workspace == current workspace)

Sadly I am not a Haskell guy, so I can not figure out how to create such a query for. Could someone help me? Or maybe tell me if there is a more easy solution?

sameWorkspace = do
  nw <- ask -- window being matched against
  liftX $ do
    ws <- gets windowset
    return $ maybe False (== currentTag ws) (findTag nw ws)