Alternative to importing GHC.TypeLits?

Chris Martin
The GHC manual gives code examples that import GHC.TypeLits. The documentation on that module seems to request that users /not/ import it ...

> This module is an internal GHC module. [...] The programmer interface for working with type-level naturals should be defined in a separate library.

... although I'm not sure what "what be" means here. Does that mean it's a to-do item, and that there will eventually be a separate library, but that we should use this "internal" library directly for now?

---

GHC manual: https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/latest/docs/html/users_guide/glasgow_exts.html?highlight=typelits#type-level-literals

Re: Alternative to importing GHC.TypeLits?

Iavor Diatchki
Hi,

the initial plan was that `GHC.TypeLits` should provide just the basic functionality, and later other libraries would be build to provide more convenient functions for specific applications.   I don't know of any such convenience libraries, so at present, people just import `GHC.TypeLits` directly.

-Iavor