Ambiguous module name `Prelude': it was found in multiple packages (trying to install HXQ)

Ambiguous module name `Prelude': it was found in multiple packages (trying to install HXQ)

Stanislaw Findeisen-2
Hi!

I am trying to install HXQ: https://hackage.haskell.org/package/HXQ .
But somehow it doesn't work:

$ cabal install hxq
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring HXQ-0.19.0...
Building HXQ-0.19.0...
Failed to install HXQ-0.19.0
Build log ( /home/ct/.cabal/logs/HXQ-0.19.0.log ):
Configuring HXQ-0.19.0...
Building HXQ-0.19.0...
Preprocessing library HXQ-0.19.0...

src/Text/XML/HXQ/XQuery.hs:1:1:
     Ambiguous module name `Prelude':
       it was found in multiple packages: base haskell98-2.0.0.2
HXQ-0.19.0 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

Why?

Thanks!

--
http://people.eisenbits.com/~stf/
http://www.eisenbits.com/

Re: Ambiguous module name `Prelude': it was found in multiple packages (trying to install HXQ)

Imants Cekusins
> Ambiguous module name `Prelude':
      it was found in multiple packages: base haskell98-2.0.0.2

just guessing:

https://hackage.haskell.org/package/HXQ
-> https://hackage.haskell.org/package/haskell98
->  base (==4.7.*),

what base version was installed on your pc before you tried to install HXQ?

is it possible to install multiple base versions?

Re: Ambiguous module name `Prelude': it was found in multiple packages (trying to install HXQ)

Henk-Jan van Tuyl
On Mon, 04 Jan 2016 16:59:13 +0100, Stanislaw Findeisen
<[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]
> src/Text/XML/HXQ/XQuery.hs:1:1:
>      Ambiguous module name `Prelude':
>        it was found in multiple packages: base haskell98-2.0.0.2
> HXQ-0.19.0 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
> ExitFailure 1

I think the answer is given at:
   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7339635/ambiguous-module-name-prelude

HXQ is not updated since 2011; the package haskell98 should be removed
 from the dependencies.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--
Folding@home
us closer sooner. Watch the video.

http://Van.Tuyl.eu/
Haskell programming

Re: Ambiguous module name `Prelude': it was found in multiple packages (trying to install HXQ)

Martin Vlk
Also it is recommended to install things into project specific sandboxes
rather than globally.

E.g.

mkdir myProj
cd myProj
cabal sandbox init
cabal install hxq

Martin

Imants Cekusins:

On 2016-01-05 12:44, Martin Vlk wrote:
> Also it is recommended to install things into project specific sandboxes
> rather than globally.
>
> E.g.
>
> mkdir myProj
> cd myProj
> cabal sandbox init
> cabal install hxq

Thanks but it doesn't help. :/

On 2016-01-05 01:56, Henk-Jan van Tuyl wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Jan 2016 16:59:13 +0100, Stanislaw Findeisen
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> [...]
>> src/Text/XML/HXQ/XQuery.hs:1:1:
>>      Ambiguous module name `Prelude':
>>        it was found in multiple packages: base haskell98-2.0.0.2
>> cabal: Error: some packages failed to install:
>> HXQ-0.19.0 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
>> ExitFailure 1
>
> I think the answer is given at:
>    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7339635/ambiguous-module-name-prelude
>
> HXQ is not updated since 2011; the package haskell98 should be removed
> from the dependencies.

Ok, so how can one use HXQ in a project?

--
http://people.eisenbits.com/~stf/
http://www.eisenbits.com/

Re: Ambiguous module name `Prelude': it was found in multiple packages (trying to install HXQ)

Henk-Jan van Tuyl
On Tue, 05 Jan 2016 18:25:10 +0100, Stanislaw Findeisen
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2016-01-05 01:56, Henk-Jan van Tuyl wrote:
>> On Mon, 04 Jan 2016 16:59:13 +0100, Stanislaw Findeisen
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>> src/Text/XML/HXQ/XQuery.hs:1:1:
>>>      Ambiguous module name `Prelude':
>>>        it was found in multiple packages: base haskell98-2.0.0.2
>>> cabal: Error: some packages failed to install:
>>> HXQ-0.19.0 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
>>> ExitFailure 1
>>
>> I think the answer is given at:
>>    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7339635/ambiguous-module-name-prelude
>>
>> HXQ is not updated since 2011; the package haskell98 should be removed
>> from the dependencies.
>
> Ok, so how can one use HXQ in a project?

You can do "cabal unpack hxq" and update the file hxq.cabal; I tried it
and there are many more things that need updates. Your best bet would be
to ask the author to update the package. Otherwise, you could ask the
Haskell Café if someone would like to take over maintenance of HXQ.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--
Folding@home
us closer sooner. Watch the video.
http://folding.stanford.edu/

http://Van.Tuyl.eu/
Haskell programming

Re: Ambiguous module name `Prelude': it was found in multiple packages (trying to install HXQ)

Chaddaï Fouché
Le mar. 5 janv. 2016 à 22:16, Henk-Jan van Tuyl <[hidden email]> a écrit :
You can do "cabal unpack hxq" and update the file hxq.cabal; I tried it
and there are many more things that need updates. Your best bet would be
to ask the author to update the package. Otherwise, you could ask the
Haskell Café if someone would like to take over maintenance of HXQ.

Apparently someone did update HXQ : Leonidas Fegaras, the original maintainer, updated HXQ on the 7 january 2016. I can only assume that Stanislaw contacted him directly.

Just to conclude the discussion on a positive note !
--
Jedaï