This is an announcement for an alpha release of the new collections
package I (and others, see below) have been working on. It's still far
from perfect, but I hope it's already a good choice for many use cases
of collection data structures. Also, "release early, release often" :
I hope releasing now will allow me to keep a on improving it at a
It is originally designed to depend on the upcoming version of the
base package; however I've arranged it to work with current version as
well. (Meaning you can use it as a cabal package with GHC 6.4)
Please try out and let me know what you think.
0.9rc1 release notes:
* Efficient AVL-tree based implementations of Set and Map (by Adrian Hey)
* efficient conversion routines between those Sets and Maps
* Class-based Collection framework for abstracting over Collections,
Sequences, Maps, Sets.
* Nicely corresponds to the current API.
In a lot of cases, just removing the module prefix does the trick.
* QuickCheck-based validation of the instances.
* Benchmark suite
* Adaptation of Ross Paterson's Foldable class to MPTC+FD.
* Trie data type, to map sequential types (eg. lists) to keys.
* Efficient Set type for enumerations. (David F. Place)