Announcement: The Chalmers Online Functional Programming Seminar Series (TODAY: Benjamin Pierce!)

Announcement: The Chalmers Online Functional Programming Seminar Series (TODAY: Benjamin Pierce!)

Koen Claessen

The Chalmers Online Functional Programming Seminar Series is organized by the Chalmers Functional Programming Group, as a way to exploit the fact that so many of us in the FP community are already meeting and working online these days. Our aim is to bring the people in the FP community closer together, to educate and inspire, and to foster collaboration.

The seminars will take place every Monday (at 7am PDT / 10am EDT / 16:00 CEST) and are live streamed through YouTube, and questions are taken through sli.do.

---

We continue today (Monday) with Benjamin Pierce; title "Backtracking Generators for Random Testing". All welcome!

Link to the full program, including videos of previous talks:

http://chalmersfp.org/

---

Last week we had 720 people who tuned in to Simon Peyton Jones! Unfortunately, we had severe problems using Zoom webinar technology (which was dimensioned in our license for up to 1000 people, but Zoom was just not up to the task).

This week we will use YouTube Live streaming and sli.do for questions. All relevant links are on chalmersfp.org. See you there!

Reminder: The Chalmers Online Functional Programming Seminar Series (THIS WEEK: Nadia Polikarpova)

Koen Claessen

The Chalmers Online Functional Programming Seminar Series is organized by the Chalmers Functional Programming Group, as a way to exploit the fact that so many of us in the FP community are already meeting and working online these days. Our aim is to bring the people in the FP community closer together, to educate and inspire, and to foster collaboration.

The seminars will take place every Monday (at 7am PDT / 10am EDT / 16:00 CEST) and are live streamed through YouTube, and questions are taken through sli.do.

---

We continue this week (Monday) with Nadia Polikarpova; title "Liquid resource types for verification and synthesis". All welcome!

Link to the full program, including videos of previous talks:

http://chalmersfp.org/

---

We were happy to see that last week's seminar (by Benjamin Pierce) run with YouTube Live and sli.do was a success, so we decided to keep using that technology.