Quantcast

Another strictness analysis wrinkle

David Feuer-2
I don't see how we can take advantage of this, but IO and ST seem quite different from a strictness analysis perspective. The whole I/O hack is completely unnecessary for ST. Ugh.

David Feuer
Well-Typed, LLP

RE: Another strictness analysis wrinkle

David Feuer-2
Actually, I just had a thought. What if we ran ST computations with a different state token type? Say, State# FakeWorld? Would that let them escape the hack?

David Feuer
Well-Typed, LLP