Anything happening?

Michael Walker
Hello,

I haven't seen anything on this mailing list for a little while, is
anything going on? Has the process by which proposals will be
submitted and worked out been solidified yet?

--
Michael Walker (http://www.barrucadu.co.uk)

Re: Anything happening?

José Manuel Calderón Trilla
Hello Michael,

We were waiting on the GHC team to settle on a proposal process for
their stuff so that we could aim to use a similar process and avoid
fragmentation.

For those who don't know, GHC HQ just announced their new process
here: https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/blog/rethinking-proposals and
are finalising it on the github repo here:
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals

So pretty soon now we should probably discuss whether we are going to
use the same process, alter their process, or use a different process
altogether. My vote would be to mirror their process as much as
possible.

Cheers,

José

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Michael Walker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I haven't seen anything on this mailing list for a little while, is
> anything going on? Has the process by which proposals will be
> submitted and worked out been solidified yet?
>
> --
> Michael Walker (http://www.barrucadu.co.uk)

RE: Anything happening?

Haskell - Haskell-prime mailing list
And for our (GHC) part we are moving slowly, partly because it's the summer; partly because no technology seems really ideal; and also because we've had feedback from only a handful of people, and we're a bit reluctant to commit to something new with so little direct endorsement.

Simon

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3a%2f%2fmail.haskell.org%2fcgi-bin%2fmailman%2flistinfo%2fhaskell-prime&data=01%7c01%7csimonpj%40064d.mgd.microsoft.com%7cf9b431369c1e4152794008d3b008d743%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=K9vwkfQXAFoAx6GX7JvE9a%2fonVlnektwJTVsI%2bV%2bVXg%3d

On 19.07.2016 20:08, Michael Walker wrote:
> I haven't seen anything on this mailing list for a little while, is
> anything going on? Has the process by which proposals will be
> submitted and worked out been solidified yet?

I’m planning to spend some time at ZuriHac this weekend thinking about Haskell’,
maybe getting the Report to build, making a few experimental changes. Oh, and
talking to people mostly, so if you’re around... :-)

David/quchen

Re: Anything happening?

Iavor Diatchki
Having seen the new GHC process, I am not quite sure how to relate it to Haskell'. Would someone who's thought more about this care to clarify the mapping between the different "roles", and concretely which parts are we thinking of doing for Haskell'?

-Iavor

Re: Anything happening?

Carter Schonwald
I kinda agree, the workflow they're articulating doesn't quite line up with what we may do.

I can't speak for other folks, but I've been privately putting together / chewing on a few proposals  I want to put forward. But I also want to make sure I adhere to a high bar/ think things through in what I put forward.

I do think a number of prime committee members are planning to meet during Icfp.  I hope to be amongst them :).

Also have been busy with work :)

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016, Iavor Diatchki <[hidden email]> wrote:
Having seen the new GHC process, I am not quite sure how to relate it to Haskell'. Would someone who's thought more about this care to clarify the mapping between the different "roles", and concretely which parts are we thinking of doing for Haskell'?

-Iavor

Re: Anything happening?

Edward Kmett-2
I'll be at Zurihac as well should you need input from the CLC side.

Sent from my iPhone