ApplicativeDo needs a bit of love

Simon Marlow-7
Folks,

ApplicativeDo does what it does quite well, indeed it's in heavy use doing what we built it for, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that 12% of people would even like it to be enabled by default. But a number of issues have arisen around it, some stemming from limitations in the original implementation and others due to interactions with other features that we didn't consider at the time.

This message is just to point out that I'd be delighted if anyone wanted to jump on any of these tickets and work on them, as it's unlikely I'll find the bandwidth to work on them myself. All the tickets are tagged with ApplicativeDo:

Have at it!

Cheers