Arrows for invertible programming: Notation question

Arrows for invertible programming: Notation question

Joel Reymont
Folks,

I have been looking at the code for the "Arrows for invertible
programming" paper (http://www.cs.ru.nl/A.vanWeelden/bi-arrows/) and
I have a question about syntax. ghci surely does not like it.

What does this mean and how do I make it compile?

mapl{|a, b|arr|} :: (mapl{|a, b|arr|}, ArrowChoice arr, BiArrow arr)
=> arr a b

        Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/

Re: Arrows for invertible programming: Notation question

Ralf Hinze
> What does this mean and how do I make it compile?
>
> mapl{|a, b|arr|} :: (mapl{|a, b|arr|}, ArrowChoice arr, BiArrow arr) => arr a b

It's Generic Haskell source code, see

        http://www.generic-haskell.org/

Generic Haskell is an extension of Haskell that supports generic programming.

Cheers, Ralf

Re: Arrows for invertible programming: Notation question

Cale Gibbard

Based on the website there, it is written in Generic Haskell, and
requires version 1.42 of the Generic Haskell compiler which you can
get from
http://www.generic-haskell.org/

 - Cale

On 23/12/05, Joel Reymont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have been looking at the code for the "Arrows for invertible
> programming" paper (http://www.cs.ru.nl/A.vanWeelden/bi-arrows/) and
> I have a question about syntax. ghci surely does not like it.
>
> What does this mean and how do I make it compile?
>
> mapl{|a, b|arr|} :: (mapl{|a, b|arr|}, ArrowChoice arr, BiArrow arr)
> => arr a b
>
>         Thanks, Joel
>
> --
> http://wagerlabs.com/

Re: Arrows for invertible programming: Notation question

Joel Reymont
Is this something that can be compiled with GHC right now? I noticed -
fgenerics but I think it does something else entirely.

--
http://wagerlabs.com/

Re: Arrows for invertible programming: Notation question

Ralf Hinze
> Is this something that can be compiled with GHC right now? I noticed -
> fgenerics but I think it does something else entirely.

GH is a pre-compiler that takes GH code to Haskell code,
so this is a two-step process. -fgenerics turns derivable
type classes on (see "Derivable type classes", Ralf Hinze
and Simon Peyton Jones, Haskell Workshop 2000, pp94-105).
The two are different but related ...

Cheers, Ralf