BNFC-meta being maintained? Is there public src repo?

BNFC-meta being maintained? Is there public src repo?

Ahn, Ki Yung
Dear BNFC-meta developers and users,

I've been using BNFC-meta for the parser of my experimental language Nax
language implementation ( https://github.com/kyagrd/mininax ). It's very
cool 'cause you don't need to write makefile or cabal entries to call
the command line tools (bnfc, alex, happy), and you get quasiquoters for
free, which really makes the early development pleasant.

But due to the bug fixed in recent versions of BNFC, probably after
latest BNFC-meta release, I'll have to switch back to using plain BNFC
at some point. (FYI,the bug is that block comments arn't working).

If there is a source repository that has ported more recent versions of
BNFC into BNFC-meta, it'll be helpful for people like me. Or, if the
source repository has open access and easy to participate (e.g., putting
on github or something like that), we can draw community support
maintaining BNFC-meta to keep up with the recent BNFC (and also happy
and alex) versions.

--
Ki Yung Ahn

Re: BNFC-meta being maintained? Is there public src repo?

Mateusz Kowalczyk
On 06/16/2014 06:33 AM, Ki Yung Ahn wrote:

> Dear BNFC-meta developers and users,
>
> I've been using BNFC-meta for the parser of my experimental language Nax
> language implementation ( https://github.com/kyagrd/mininax ). It's very
> cool 'cause you don't need to write makefile or cabal entries to call
> the command line tools (bnfc, alex, happy), and you get quasiquoters for
> free, which really makes the early development pleasant.
>
> But due to the bug fixed in recent versions of BNFC, probably after
> latest BNFC-meta release, I'll have to switch back to using plain BNFC
> at some point. (FYI,the bug is that block comments arn't working).
>
> If there is a source repository that has ported more recent versions of
> BNFC into BNFC-meta, it'll be helpful for people like me. Or, if the
> source repository has open access and easy to participate (e.g., putting
> on github or something like that), we can draw community support
> maintaining BNFC-meta to keep up with the recent BNFC (and also happy
> and alex) versions.
>
> --
> Ki Yung Ahn

You should probably e-mail the maintainer directly, their e-mail is on
the Hackage page for the package.

--
Mateusz K.