Backing up and downloading Trac contents?

Backing up and downloading Trac contents?

Niklas Hambüchen
Working on something today, it came to my mind how much useful
information is stored in Trac and how much time would get lost if it
went down, corrupted or missing.

With the source code there's no such issue as with git being a DVCS,
everybody has the full history. But not so with Trac.

Are there backups of Trac?
Are there some publicly available ones that one could download and thus
conveniently use offline?

Thanks!

Re: Backing up and downloading Trac contents?

Ben Gamari-2
Niklas Hambüchen <[hidden email]> writes:

> Working on something today, it came to my mind how much useful
> information is stored in Trac and how much time would get lost if it
> went down, corrupted or missing.
>
> With the source code there's no such issue as with git being a DVCS,
> everybody has the full history. But not so with Trac.
>
> Are there backups of Trac?

I periodically pull down database dumps for archival. I'm a bit hesitant
to expose the entire dump but most tables can be revealed without any
trouble. I'll try to put something up shortly.

Cheers,

- Ben

Re: Backing up and downloading Trac contents?

Jared Weakly
Once we get our devops stuff a little closer to completion, it would be a great idea to have a nightly backup script running somewhere that can be accessed by members with certain permissions. Shouldn't be terribly hard to set that up, I think? Granular permissions would be the tricky bit but even if it's a whitelist, Haskell isn't quite big enough for that to be painful to manage yet.