Bringing back #ghc IRC logging

Niklas Hambüchen
Hi,

as you may have noticed, #ghc IRC logging has been broken for months
(though the channel topic still says "Logs: http://ircbrowse.net/ghc").

Logs being unavailable is bad because many problems and topics that were
googleable before are no longer googleable.

We have discussed in the last 2 days on #ghc whether we should just join
#ghc with a 0-effort-on-our-side public logging service like botbot.me.

This one in particular doesn't have the best UI but I found it to be
very googleable, and many open-source projects use it successfully.

Is anybody opposed to this?

Niklas

Re: Bringing back #ghc IRC logging

Ben Gamari-2
Niklas Hambüchen <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> as you may have noticed, #ghc IRC logging has been broken for months
> (though the channel topic still says "Logs: http://ircbrowse.net/ghc").

I am very much in favor of doing something about this. Unfortunately,
Chris Done stepped back from ircbrowse.net around the time that #ghc
started using it for logging. Moving to a third-party service like
botbot.me sounds quite reasonable to m.e

Cheers,

- Ben