Building fastcgi from hackage on windows.

Building fastcgi from hackage on windows.

Edward Ing-2
I am using the cabal system to build the hackage version of fastcgi.
I get the below messages with the "runghc Setup.lhs build" command.

Network\FastCGI.hsc:59:21:  fcgiapp.h: No such file or directory
Network\FastCGI.hsc: In function `main':

Network\FastCGI.hsc:200:0:
     error: `FCGX_Request' undeclared (first use in this function)

It looks like I need the fastcgi sources. Where does this source come
from? I didn't get any dependency messages when I did the setup
config.

Edward Ing

Re: Building fastcgi from hackage on windows.

Iain Barnett
On 7 Aug 2008, at 8:58 pm, Edward Ing wrote:

> I am using the cabal system to build the hackage version of fastcgi.
> I get the below messages with the "runghc Setup.lhs build" command.
>
> Network\FastCGI.hsc:59:21:  fcgiapp.h: No such file or directory
> Network\FastCGI.hsc: In function `main':
>
> Network\FastCGI.hsc:200:0:
>      error: `FCGX_Request' undeclared (first use in this function)
>

> It looks like I need the fastcgi sources. Where does this source come
> from? I didn't get any dependency messages when I did the setup
> config.
>

> Edward Ing

I had a similar problem about a month ago, but I can't remember
*exactly* what I did to fix it. I think I made sure the following
were installed (I'm pretty sure I ran cabal installs for all of them
regardless of what ghc-pkg told me, and it worked)

network-2.0
alex-2.2
HTTP-3001.0.4
cgi-3001.1.6.0

 From my cabal build-log:

package: fastcgi-3001.0.2
os: osx
arch: i386
compiler: ghc-6.6
client: cabal-install-0.5.1
flags: -small_base
dependencies: base-2.0 cgi-3001.1.6.0
install-outcome: InstallOk
docs-outcome: NotTried
tests-outcome: NotTried

Sorry to be so vague, but I mainly remember swearing a lot at the
screen until it worked.

Iain

Re: Building fastcgi from hackage on windows.

Edward Ing-2
Oh yes. I should mention that I am building this on Windows XP. I
build Network.FastCGI on Ubuntu and it worked because I was able to
install  the libfcgi-dev (which had the libraries and the headers.)

My guess is that WIndows XP is the problem, and that the task of
building on XP is quite different. Where are include headers and
libraries found in Windows XP system? What fastcgi implementation
would you need for a Windows XP? These are the probably the important
questions.

Edward Ing

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Iain Barnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 7 Aug 2008, at 8:58 pm, Edward Ing wrote:
>
>> I am using the cabal system to build the hackage version of fastcgi.
>> I get the below messages with the "runghc Setup.lhs build" command.
>>
>> Network\FastCGI.hsc:59:21:  fcgiapp.h: No such file or directory
>> Network\FastCGI.hsc: In function `main':
>>
>> Network\FastCGI.hsc:200:0:
>>     error: `FCGX_Request' undeclared (first use in this function)
>>

>> It looks like I need the fastcgi sources. Where does this source come
>> from? I didn't get any dependency messages when I did the setup
>> config.
>>

>> Edward Ing
>
> I had a similar problem about a month ago, but I can't remember *exactly*
> what I did to fix it. I think I made sure the following were installed (I'm
> pretty sure I ran cabal installs for all of them regardless of what ghc-pkg
> told me, and it worked)
>
> network-2.0
> alex-2.2
> HTTP-3001.0.4
> cgi-3001.1.6.0
>
> From my cabal build-log:

Re: Building fastcgi from hackage on windows.

Iain Barnett
have you installed this?
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Microsoft-FastCGI-Extension-for-
IIS-Download-84830.html

I use Asp.Net when I'm on Windows, so I don't know the answers to
your questions but you might find more info on running it here
http://forums.iis.net/1103.aspx

Iain

On 8 Aug 2008, at 2:10 am, Edward Ing wrote:

> Oh yes. I should mention that I am building this on Windows XP. I
> build Network.FastCGI on Ubuntu and it worked because I was able to
> install  the libfcgi-dev (which had the libraries and the headers.)
>
> My guess is that WIndows XP is the problem, and that the task of
> building on XP is quite different. Where are include headers and
> libraries found in Windows XP system? What fastcgi implementation
> would you need for a Windows XP? These are the probably the important
> questions.
>

> Edward Ing
>
> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Iain Barnett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> On 7 Aug 2008, at 8:58 pm, Edward Ing wrote:
>>
>>> I am using the cabal system to build the hackage version of fastcgi.
>>> I get the below messages with the "runghc Setup.lhs build" command.
>>>
>>> Network\FastCGI.hsc:59:21:  fcgiapp.h: No such file or directory
>>> Network\FastCGI.hsc: In function `main':
>>>
>>> Network\FastCGI.hsc:200:0:
>>>     error: `FCGX_Request' undeclared (first use in this function)
>>>

>>> It looks like I need the fastcgi sources. Where does this source
>>> come
>>> from? I didn't get any dependency messages when I did the setup
>>> config.
>>>

>>> Edward Ing
>>
>> I had a similar problem about a month ago, but I can't remember
>> *exactly*
>> what I did to fix it. I think I made sure the following were
>> installed (I'm
>> pretty sure I ran cabal installs for all of them regardless of
>> what ghc-pkg
>> told me, and it worked)
>>
>> network-2.0
>> alex-2.2
>> HTTP-3001.0.4
>> cgi-3001.1.6.0
>>
>> From my cabal build-log:

Re: Building fastcgi from hackage on windows.

Edward Ing-2
I have this installed. The problem is that I have no binary version of
the Network.FastCGI. So to install it I am going through the cabal
process and on the build it seems to need the Fastcgi.h to build the
foreign interfaces (and probably the static libraries to link ?).
Unfortunately the Microsoft download pack doesn't have that - just the
.dll (or perhaps cabal can't find where the fastcgi.h are).

Edward Ing

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 6:08 AM, Iain Barnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> have you installed this?
> http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Microsoft-FastCGI-Extension-for-IIS-Download-84830.html
>
> I use Asp.Net when I'm on Windows, so I don't know the answers to your
> questions but you might find more info on running it here
> http://forums.iis.net/1103.aspx
>
> Iain

Re: Building fastcgi from hackage on windows.

Bjorn Bringert
Hi Edward,

I have never compiled the fastcgi package on Windows myself, but my
best tip would be to try to install the FastCGI development kit (= C
headers and libraries), see http://www.fastcgi.com/#TheDevKit

/Bjorn