C++ parser in Haskell?

Ravi Nanavati
It turns out we might find such a beast useful at Bluespec. If anyone
has written a C++ parser in Haskell (or knows of one), we'd like to hear
about it.

Thanks,

  - Ravi Nanavati
    Bluespec, Inc.

Re: C++ parser in Haskell?

Christophe Poucet
I would be very interested in this as well.  I have looked myself but
haven't found anything else.  I wrote one myself in Haskell but for a
subset of C++ (subset of C but with some extra things like methods).

Christophe Poucet

Ravi Nanavati wrote:

> It turns out we might find such a beast useful at Bluespec. If anyone
> has written a C++ parser in Haskell (or knows of one), we'd like to
> hear about it.
>
> Thanks,
>
>  - Ravi Nanavati
>    Bluespec, Inc.

Re: C++ parser in Haskell?

Jake Luck-3
> I would be very interested in this as well.  I have looked myself but haven't
> found anything else.  I wrote one myself in Haskell but for a subset of C++
> (subset of C but with some extra things like methods).

Did you build it using parsec or happy? jake

Re: C++ parser in Haskell?

Christophe Poucet
For the parsing and lexing I used happy and alex.

Jake Luck wrote:

>> I would be very interested in this as well. I have looked myself but
>> haven't found anything else. I wrote one myself in Haskell but for a
>> subset of C++ (subset of C but with some extra things like methods).
>

> Did you build it using parsec or happy? jake

Christophe Poucet
Ph.D. Student
Phone:+32 16 28 87 20
E-mail: [hidden email]
IMEC vzw – Register of Legal Entities Leuven VAT BE 0425.260.668 – Kapeldreef 75, B-3001 Leuven, Belgium – www.imec.be
*****DISCLAIMER*****
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential information. It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is prohibited. IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents of this e-mail and/or its attachments.

Re: C++ parser in Haskell?

Marc Weber
On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 11:01:03PM +0200, Christophe Poucet wrote:
> For the parsing and lexing I used happy and alex.
> Jake Luck wrote:
>
> >>I would be very interested in this as well. I have looked myself but
> >>haven't found anything else. I wrote one myself in Haskell but for a
> >>subset of C++ (subset of C but with some extra things like methods).
Me, too..
Id' like to write some omnicompletion functions for vim for different
languages.. (Java, C, C++, haskell).. But I'm still busy with other
things.....

I think it would be easy to extend Parsec for something similar to <?>
not returning what to expect but completion items... Don't know about
happy yet.

Marc