Call for Haskell.org Committee Nominations

Call for Haskell.org Committee Nominations

Gershom Bazerman
Dear Haskellers,

It is time to put out a call for new nominations (typically but not
necessarily self-nominations) to the haskell.org committee. We have
four members of our committee due for retirement -- Adam Foltzer,
Nicolas Wu, Andres Loeh, and Edward Kmett (who is stepping down
early). As per our bylaws, three of the slots will be for regular
three year terms, and one will be a short one year term to fill out
the remainder of Edward's.

To nominate yourself, please send an email to committee at haskell.org
by December 2, 2016. The retiring members are eligible to re-nominate
themselves. Please feel free to include any information about yourself
that you think will help us to make a decision.

The Haskell.org committee serves as a board of directors for
Haskell.org, a 501(c)3 nonprofit which oversees technical and
financial resources related to Haskell community infrastructure.

Being a member of the committee does not necessarily require a
significant amount of time, but committee members should aim to be
responsive during discussions when the committee is called upon to
make a decision. Strong leadership, communication, and judgement are
very important characteristics for committee members. The role is
about setting policy, providing direction/guidance for Haskell.org
infrastructure, planning for the long term, and being fiscally
responsible with the Haskell.org funds (and donations). As overseers
for policy regarding the open source side of Haskell, committee
members must also be able to set aside personal or business related
bias and make decisions with the good of the open source Haskell
community in mind.

We seek a broad representation from different segments of the Haskell
world -- including but not limited to those focused on education,
those focused on industrial applications, those with background in
organizing users-groups, and those focused directly on our technical
infrastructure.

More details about the committee's roles and responsibilities are on

    https://wiki.haskell.org/Haskell.org_committee

If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to
e-mail us at committee at haskell.org, or contact one of us
individually.

Best,
Gershom Bazerman

Re: [Haskell-community] Call for Haskell.org Committee Nominations

Gershom Bazerman
We're starting the discussion now. Ideally we'll wrap it up within
seven days or so.

--Gershom