Calling OpenGL functions from multiple threads

Calling OpenGL functions from multiple threads

Clark Gaebel
Do the OpenGL bindings on Hackage expose anything like glXMakeCurrent [1]? I need to use OpenGL functions from multiple threads (note: not at once, I protect it with an MVar), but that's forbidden in extension-less OpenGL.

Thanks,
  - clark

[1] http://www.talisman.org/opengl-1.1/Reference/glXMakeCurrent.html

Re: Calling OpenGL functions from multiple threads

Thomas Davie
Just for reference – glX functions are not OpenGL functions at all, they're also not extensions to OpenGL, so I'd be very surprised if they could be got at from the Haskell GL bindings.  glX is instead a library for creating OpenGL contexts (and working with them) for X11.

As the Haskell bindings for OpenGL are for OpenGL, not X windows, they don't support this call.  Though another package (not sure which, because it doesn't apply on my platform) may well include it.

Bob
if (*ra4 != 0xffc78948) { return false; }