Can't "make" ghc on master

Alfredo Di Napoli
Hello guys,

I'm trying a fresh compile from master. These are the steps I've taken:

$ git clone http://darcs.haskell.org/ghc.git/
$ cd ghc
$ ./sync-all --testsuite get

followed by:

cp mk/build.mk.sample mk/build.mk
<uncommenting #BuildFlavour = quick>

and finally:

$ perl boot
$ ./configure
$ make

But this is what I've got in the middle of make (just posting the
relevant section):

https://gist.github.com/adinapoli/6154219

As you can see I'm sandboxed inside hsenv, but I can't think of any
reason this being the cause of the failure. Any ideas?

Sorry for the naive question,
A.

Can't "make" ghc on master

Edsko de Vries-4
It might well be hsenv, which modifies your environment in a number of
ways. I recommend using my approach to sandboxes, which works fine
with ghc (http://www.edsko.net/2013/02/10/comprehensive-haskell-sandboxes/).

-E

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 9:14 AM, Alfredo Di Napoli
<alfredo.dinapoli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I'm trying a fresh compile from master. These are the steps I've taken:
>
> $ git clone http://darcs.haskell.org/ghc.git/
> $ cd ghc
> $ ./sync-all --testsuite get
>
> followed by:
>
> cp mk/build.mk.sample mk/build.mk
> <uncommenting #BuildFlavour = quick>
>
> and finally:
>
> $ perl boot
> $ ./configure
> $ make
>
> But this is what I've got in the middle of make (just posting the
> relevant section):
>
> https://gist.github.com/adinapoli/6154219
>
> As you can see I'm sandboxed inside hsenv, but I can't think of any
> reason this being the cause of the failure. Any ideas?
>
> Sorry for the naive question,
> A.

Can't "make" ghc on master

Alfredo Di Napoli
Hi Edsko :)

Hsenv was indeed the murderer. Now make passed that error (and is
byte-crunching as we talk).

Thanks for sharing the blog post, it's pure gold.

A.