Can we make validate use the same warnings as make?

Can we make validate use the same warnings as make?

Johan Tibell-2
Hi,

In the past I've been frustrated by validate using other warnings than the
default make build and also using -Werror. This causes a bit of frustration
and lost time. If we used the same warnings I could have fixed the problem
before a time consuming validate.

P.S. I just remember this today and I haven't used validate recently so if
this was already fixed, my apologies.

-- Johan
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Can we make validate use the same warnings as make?

Simon Marlow-7
On 22/09/2013 16:26, Johan Tibell wrote:
> In the past I've been frustrated by validate using other warnings than
> the default make build and also using -Werror. This causes a bit of
> frustration and lost time. If we used the same warnings I could have
> fixed the problem before a time consuming validate.
>
> P.S. I just remember this today and I haven't used validate recently so
> if this was already fixed, my apologies.

Do you want -Wall by default, or -Wall -Werror?  I wouldn't object to
the former, but I would object to the latter :-)

Can we make validate use the same warnings as make?

Johan Tibell-2
The former!