Case insensitive WindowBringer

Jack Bates
I love WindowBringer but I sometimes forget the menu items (window
titles) are all lowercase. I type a capital letter, e.g. "Makefile" and
get no results. Would you consider a pull request to make it case
insensitive?

Re: Case insensitive WindowBringer

Peter Jones
Jack Bates <[hidden email]> writes:
> I love WindowBringer but I sometimes forget the menu items (window
> titles) are all lowercase. I type a capital letter, e.g. "Makefile"
> and get no results. Would you consider a pull request to make it case
> insensitive?

Is it WindowBringer or XPrompt that is causing the case-sensitivity
issue?

--
Peter Jones, Founder, Devalot.com
Defending the honor of good code

Re: Case insensitive WindowBringer

Brandon Allbery
On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 7:19 PM, Peter Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
Jack Bates <[hidden email]> writes:
> I love WindowBringer but I sometimes forget the menu items (window
> titles) are all lowercase. I type a capital letter, e.g. "Makefile"
> and get no results. Would you consider a pull request to make it case
> insensitive?

Is it WindowBringer or XPrompt that is causing the case-sensitivity
issue?

WindowBringer uses dmenu, not XMonad.Prompt.

Re: Case insensitive WindowBringer

Peter Jones
Brandon Allbery <[hidden email]>
writes:

> On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 7:19 PM, Peter Jones
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Jack Bates <[hidden email]> writes:
>> > I love WindowBringer but I sometimes forget the menu items (window
>> > titles) are all lowercase. I type a capital letter, e.g. "Makefile"
>> > and get no results. Would you consider a pull request to make it case
>> > insensitive?
>>
>> Is it WindowBringer or XPrompt that is causing the case-sensitivity
>> issue?
>>

> WindowBringer uses dmenu, not XMonad.Prompt.

Bummer.  Sounds like an even better patch is needed ;)

On 22/04/16 04:28 PM, Peter Jones wrote:

> Brandon Allbery <[hidden email]>
> writes:
>> On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 7:19 PM, Peter Jones
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is it WindowBringer or XPrompt that is causing the case-sensitivity
>>> issue?
>>
>> WindowBringer uses dmenu, not XMonad.Prompt.
>
> Bummer.  Sounds like an even better patch is needed ;)

This is the change I have in mind:
http://nottheoilrig.com/case-insensitive.patch

Is it acceptable? Would you make any changes to it?

There is a version of WindowBringer that uses XMonad.Prompt instead of
dmenu: XMonad.Prompt.Window

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Jack Bates <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is it acceptable? Would you make any changes to it?

Better way to do this is make a pull request on github.

On 27/04/16 07:47 AM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Jack Bates <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Is it acceptable? Would you make any changes to it?
>
> Better way to do this is make a pull request on github.

You bet, done: https://github.com/xmonad/xmonad-contrib/pull/53

The Travis build check failed because "cabal update" failed.
There was a problem with http://hackage.haskell.org/packages
Is there anything I should do?

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Jack Bates <[hidden email]> wrote:
The Travis build check failed because "cabal update" failed.
There was a problem with http://hackage.haskell.org/packages

Is there anything I should do?

Not really. My experience is Travis gets that kind of thing a lot; another project I work with that uses the free Travis infra constantly gets spurious failures due to it failing to pull packages from apt-get or github or etc. I imagine they're not very motivated to fix it for the free service.

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Brandon Allbery <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Jack Bates <[hidden email]> wrote:
The Travis build check failed because "cabal update" failed.
There was a problem with http://hackage.haskell.org/packages

Is there anything I should do?

Not really. My experience is Travis gets that kind of thing a lot; another project I work with that uses the free Travis infra constantly gets spurious failures due to it failing to pull packages from apt-get or github or etc. I imagine they're not very motivated to fix it for the free service.

And no sooner do I hit send on that, then:

[27 17:29] <statusbot> Status update: The hackage server is in an out of memory condition. We're investigating. -- http://status.haskell.org/pages/incident/537c07b0cf1fad5830000093/5720f6effe92599160002a31