CfP: Haskell eXchange

Richard Eisenberg-5
As a member of the Program Committee for Haskell eXchange, I forward our Call for Participation, below. You can also find it at https://skillsmatter.com/conferences/13135-haskell-exchange-2020#get_involved. Deadline for talk submissions: next Thursday, Oct 15.

Note that while the CfP mentions a few topic areas we want to make sure to cover, other talks are very welcome. I hope you submit something!

Thanks,
Richard

----------------------

The Haskell eXchange Call for Participation is now open! We actively encourage submissions on the following topics:

        • Optimization and Performance
        • Integration of Haskell on the browser
        • Tooling and tool suites
        • Failure and success case studies from different domains

Are you new to Haskell? You've got a unique point-of-view and we want to hear it. New voices will strengthen the Haskell community and help it grow. We strongly encourage new users and first-time speakers to submit a proposal and are very excited to read proposals featuring your fresh perspective.

Submit a Talk here: https://skillsmatter.com/talk_wizard/talks/new?conference_id=13135

Submissions should be for one of the following session types (time for Q&A is included in the session lengths):

        • 45 minute talk
        • 15 minute lightning talk

Proposals must be submitted to Skills Matter by 23:59 UTC on 15 October 2020 in order to be considered by the conference’s programme committee. As this is a virtual event, priority consideration will be given to presentations that promise a socially-interactive format. Academic treatments will be considered, but priority will be given to industry-related Haskell topics. Case studies encouraged.

If you have an idea for an interactive format, but have technical concerns, questions or would like guidance, please contact us at [hidden email]. We'll be happy to offer technical support.

Talks will be selected by Skills Matter and the Haskell eXchange Programme Committee on the basis of making the conference a varied and valuable event. Submission is open to anyone. First time speakers and speakers from traditionally under-represented communities are especially encouraged to apply.

Chosen speakers will receive two free tickets to the conference: one for the speaker and one for a guest of their choosing.

Please familiarise yourself with our Code of Conduct before submitting. You can find it at https://skillsmatter.com/go/code-of-conduct.