Code completion? (IDE)?

Marc Weber
vim7 has introduced "omni-completion"... So I'm interested wether there
are any projects which support any kind of completion.?

I've read the thread about Eclipse IDE haskell plugin.

Would you recommend picking up code from a haskell compiler and adapt
it for this purpose?

I'm interested but don't plan to implement this in the near
future.

Marc

Re: Code completion? (IDE)?

Thiago Arrais
Marc,

On 2/16/06, Marc Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:
> vim7 has introduced "omni-completion"... So I'm interested wether there
> are any projects which support any kind of completion.?

I have been working on some code completion support for EclipseFP. It
is right now in a really infant stage, but it at least is something.

Just take a look at the latest integration build that you are able to find at

http://eclipsefp.sourceforge.net/download

Cheers,

Thiago Arrais

Re: Code completion? (IDE)?

Thiago Arrais
On 2/16/06, Thiago Arrais <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Just take a look at the latest integration build that you are able to find at
>
> http://eclipsefp.sourceforge.net/download

There is also a screenshot at

http://eclipsefp.sourceforge.net/images/first-content-assist.png

Cheers,

Thiago Arrais

Re: Code completion? (IDE)?

Marc Weber
On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 09:50:51AM -0300, Thiago Arrais wrote:
> On 2/16/06, Thiago Arrais <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Just take a look at the latest integration build that you are able to find at
> >
> > http://eclipsefp.sourceforge.net/download
>
> There is also a screenshot at
>
> http://eclipsefp.sourceforge.net/images/first-content-assist.png

Is this content aware?
Doing this kind of complition is easy to achieve in vim, too.

I tried downloading, eclipse and the latest EcplipseFP zip file.
I couldn't use the standard installer (Help-> Add Features ..) because
it didn't find anything..

But now I don't know how to switch to "haskell" mode or wether it's
properly installed.

But I think I can't use it because Eclipse is slow compared to vim and
at the moment I'm running Windows and colinux on the same system (using
colinux) with 512 RAM.. When using Eclipse swapping starts.. but if you
get this working for jEdit.. you may make me using it ..

I think my way to go is: using already existing haskell parsers and add
haskell script support to vim.. Using hs-plugins it shouldn't be that
hard.. But I have to learn that stuff first.

Marc

Re: Code completion? (IDE)?

Ketil Malde-2
Marc Weber <[hidden email]> writes:

> I tried downloading, eclipse and the latest EcplipseFP zip file.
> I couldn't use the standard installer (Help-> Add Features ..) because
> it didn't find anything..

Strange, that worked for me.

>From my quick look, Eclipse looks like a workable candidate.  Since I
have the Emacs key combinations pretty much hard-wired in my hands, I
was pleased to see there was an Emacs mode, and pleasantly surprised
that unlike some Emacs modes, it actually seemed to be fairly faithful
and complete.

However, I got a bit lost in the various menus, and having no previous
experience with it, I don't know whether any problems are due to bugs
or incompletenesses in EclipseFP, or my lack of experience with
Eclipse itself.  So at the moment, I'm still using Emacs.

-k

Re: Code completion? (IDE)?

Stefan Monnier
>> vim7 has introduced "omni-completion"... So I'm interested wether there
>> are any projects which support any kind of completion.?

> I have been working on some code completion support for EclipseFP. It
> is right now in a really infant stage, but it at least is something.

> Just take a look at the latest integration build that you are able to find at

> http://eclipsefp.sourceforge.net/download

Could you describe the general approach taken?

I'd like to see something like that added to Emacs's haskell-mode as well,
and I expect a fair bit of the work can be done on the Haskell side and thus
shared among editors.

        Stefan